Search results

1. E

Valve Body Won't Fit

Called Pricepfister and found the answer. They say their valve bodies will only work in applications that have around an inch of material past the studs. So I returned to Lowes and found that most other companies have valve bodies that work in any application including mine. So... Problem solved!
  2. E

Valve Body Won't Fit

Clamping it is intriquing. You don't think it would crack the surround wall over time? I also have the faucet and the shower head to attach. The faucet would add weight to the valve.
  3. E

Valve Body Won't Fit

This surround has no space between the stud and the surround wall. It is intended to be glued directly to the studs.
  4. E

Valve Body Won't Fit

The step that addresses the additional green board says to skip that step if installing the eleganza surround... I'm thinking about cutting the rock in the opposing wall and replacing it with 1/2" plywood as a screw block surface. This would give me the 3.5" necessary and if I use bolts to...
  5. E

Valve Body Won't Fit

If it isn't direct to stud I'm in trouble since the tub fits like a glove. I guess I could take the rock over the lip of the tub, but the surround is fitted to this tub and I don't think it would fit with the rock. This solution would also present some problems with the existing wall outside the...
  6. E

Valve Body Won't Fit

I was at Lowes today asking them about this issue. They were as confused as I am... The same questions came up so we went to the surround display and it was displayed as a "direct to stud" surround. It is the Eleganza and can be viewed (I Hope) at this web address...
  7. E

Valve Body Won't Fit

I purchased this surround from lowes and it is about 1/8" thick. It is attached by screws around the apron and glue on the studs.
  8. E

Valve Body Won't Fit

My valve body doesn't seem to fit in a standard wall. I am installing a pricepfister single handle tub/shower valve body in a standard 2x4 stud wall. I morticed 3 1"x6" cross members in the back of the studs for supporting screw blocks. There is 2 5/8" remaining for the valve body. The dimension...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks