Search results

1. W

Basement shower - no headroom!

Yeah. :( But thank you very much for the information!!! *** The plumber spilt purple primer on the new vinyl floor today, and now he must pay to replace it. It is glued to the cement floor. He wants to replace it with the "tape it down kind" and place it over the ruined one that is...
  2. W

You all are great! THANK YOU! He is running all 1.5 lines -- he's got an adaptor right out of the bottom of the shower into the ptrap that immediately takes it to 1.5 (the ptrap is 1.5). As someone pointed out, it's only going less than 4' so I'm not worried about that. They are venting it per...
  3. W

Thanks everyone, for all of the helpful and knowledgeable advice! This is a GREAT forum!! :) I'm sorry if I'm using the wrong terminology - I'm just a novice do-it-yourselfer who hired a BAD contractor. (who came highly recommended from two friends who flip houses.) Someone had said "holding...
  4. W

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! MUCH appreciated!!!!! Unfortunately, it's far too late for that solution. Contractor has gotten a lot of work done already. Everything is moving along smoothly except for the darn height of the shower. There wont be an inspector...
  5. W

The pump unit has an "internal check valve" -- this is from the instructions: SANITARY INLETS The macerating unit is equipped with two additional 1 1/2" inlets, one on either side of the case. These inlets, which incorporate an internal check valve, are used to connect the drainpipe of other...
  6. W

Just an FYI, in case I didn't make it clear -- there is no "holding tank" on this toilet. It is a maciating upflush toilet. Someone does their business and flushes, and it is immediately ground up and pumped up and out. But yeah, I realize some debris will probably remain and you're right, could...
  7. W

My contractor is stumped, and I need some advice please. I bought an "upflush" toilet for the basement (www.saniflo.com - the saniPRO unit), which uses a maceator and a pump to pump waste up to a standard drain line (in my case the kitchen sink line that runs across my basement wall). It...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks