Search results

1. jimi

How many Cold-air return

I live in Ontario Canada. They might have different building code for a cold country. What is 90 to block the sound?:(
  2. jimi

How many Cold-air return

I would like to know how many cold air-return opening for a 1100 sq ft house? I moved into a old house, used be using oil heating and last year upgraded to gas furnance with electric forced-air system. Right now almost every room in the main floor have a large opening for cold-air return at...
  3. jimi

Yet another single to double vanity question

Wye, santee, p and u traps I am lost with all these plumbing terms such as Wye and santee etc. Can someone put that in FAQ with drawing and functions. So that newbies like me can be educated.
  4. jimi

Pro and con of building a shower cubic in basement

I would like to build a standing shower cubic in a older home basement with low ceiling. Can anyone give me some suggestion? Shall I buy a complete unit or DIY from top to bottom.? I am in tight budget. Any website have picture or video that I can follow?
  5. jimi

knob and tube wiring

What kind of tools called "fish wires through walls and plates""? How it works?
  6. jimi

knob and tube wiring

The wall is not open and that P.I.T.A. I might have to tear down the basement ceiling. The house inspector advise are to remove those wire because of the house insurance demanded. But the house with updated circuit breakers, only part of the house with knob and tubes wires.
  7. jimi

knob and tube wiring

I am helping my friend with his old house with some of the old wiring, knob and tube, part of the house. The house inspector told him to change that because it were not grounded. (only two wirings). My questions: What is my best solution to change its to 3 wiring system? To rewire the whole...
  8. jimi

Made a mistake...wrong ABS cement

Instead of pulling the pipe apart and redo it all. Is that a possibility to wrap something around the joints for enforcement, call it a damage control. just my Zen thinking ........
  9. jimi

How deep the drain pipe bury under the cement floor

If the PVC sewer pipe is 4" dia +3" cover= 7" deep. How about the "u" joint for the toilet? and the distance from the main approximate 10 feet away, the slop? I am afraid to dig too deep that might hit something, such as a gas line??
  10. jimi

How deep the drain pipe bury under the cement floor

I am helping a friend to build a bathroom and toilet in a old house basement, Waterloo, Ontario. It is a low basement and we wanted to run the drain pipes under the cement floor. How deep shall we dig to lay the drainage pipes?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks