Search results

1. HDFAN1

Wax Ring Question

Thanks. That's the way I set my new Ultramax today. I thought I remembered someone on here saying to put it on the flange, so I did. But the instructions on the wax ring box and the Toto instructions both said to put it on the toilet. Seems to me like it would be difficult to do it that way...
  2. HDFAN1

Wax Ring Question

When setting a toilet, does it matter whether the wax ring is placed down on the closet flange, and the toilet set down on it, or should the ring be placed on the bottom of the toilet over the "horn"? Thanks for your help.
  3. HDFAN1

Total house remodel

Mark, I'm curious. Why do you say not to get them from Lowes? Are they not the same valves?
  4. HDFAN1

dual flush with 14" rough-in?

I'm with jadnashua! Since having the closet bend replacet from lead to pvc, I some how went from a 12" to a 14" rough in. I am just going to put in an Ultramax and forget the gap.
  5. HDFAN1

Toto Ultramax question...

Thanks Terry, I appreciate the quick reply! I can't wait to get this thing installed. Tile guy is coming 21st, so by the end of that week it will be a done deal.:)
  6. HDFAN1

OK, I have not looked for this on the INSIDE of the tank. What I am talking about is visible/touchable from the OUTSIDE of the tank. Is this normal?
  7. HDFAN1

Upon closer inspection of my new Ultramax, there is, for lack of a better word, a seam running horizontally around the exterior of the tank, approx. three inches above the bowl. It is visible, as well as being able to feel it . It's as if the tank were actually cast in two pieces, and then...
  8. HDFAN1

Sweat in new shower valve question

never had a shower that had a volume control on it before, so I guess I won't notice any difference. As long as it's a reliable valve, then I'm happy.
  9. HDFAN1

Update time.....the guy came out looked it over and called his boss. Came back in & asked me if he can prove the valve undamaged, and get it centered would that be ok. I agreed. Now I don't really approve of the way he "centered" the valve. He just heated the copper supply lines with a...
  10. HDFAN1

Leak in drain, under slab

??????????????? Huh????????????????????? Didn't have any plumbing problems prior to the foundation being raised between 2 & 5 inches. And if I did, I don't see how it would be any cheaper to have it done during foundation repair. None of the leaks were within six feet of the spots where...
  11. HDFAN1

Thats what I was afraid someone was gonna say.:( They are telling me that any house 30 yrs old with cast iron pipes is gonna have some losses under pressure. I don't know. I'm already getting WAY into my remodel money, and while deep down I want to fix ALL the leaks, I think I may just...
  12. HDFAN1

In the last three months, I have had my foundation repaired,( $13500. Ouch.) which tore some plumbing loose. Readers Digest version; Have repaired three MAJOR leaks under slab repaired so far. $3500.00 Ouch again. When plumber did the leak test the first times, before all the leaks were...
  13. HDFAN1

Yep Grumpy, the guy seems to be trying to do the right thing. Heck, he should as I have spent ~$1600 on his services in the last 12 weeks.
  14. HDFAN1

Oh and by the way. Today I called the plumbing co. who installed the valve and spoke to the owner. I explained my concerns and told him I wanted to give him an opportunity to rectify the situation. He said he would send a more experienced guy out tomorrow to unsweat the valve & install the...
  15. HDFAN1

Delta lav. faucets...opinions please

OK, then that's the way I'm gonna go.
  16. HDFAN1

Thanks BA. Are all brands made this way?
  17. HDFAN1

Nope, not what I am saying. Let me try and clarify. The supply line is not an issue, at all. What concerns me is the little plastic tube that carries the water from the valve body, once you turn it on, to the spout of the faucet. I have never put in a faucet with an 8" spread before, so I have...
  18. HDFAN1

Toto Ultramax product review, comments & pictures

Well, I bought my elongated ADA Ultramax last Friday. I havn't installed it yet, still remodeling. Tile guy coming Aug.21, so shortly after that I'll see what all the fuss is about. I did unbox it and install the seat/lid (softclose). I have my reservations about the seat, but will wait until...
  19. HDFAN1

OK, y'all prolly know about the problems I had with my shower valve install. I have decided to put in the 1700 series Delta. Now, the matching lav faucet ( 8" sprd., two handle) for the Victorian series, which is what the shower trim is, looks very appealing to me. However, before I buy it...
  20. HDFAN1

Thanks Mark, that is the exact one I have my eye on, but due to the overall bath remodel scheme, I need brushed nickel. Laid my hands on it at Lowes today. The guy who works the plumbing dept told me that the one handle Deltas don't hold up too well. I dunno!
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks