Search results

1. D

Air balancing system

Hi, I've been pondering an air balance system to install in our mountain cabin. The plan is to create 2 plenums in the corners of two outside walls that run vertically from 1st to 2nd floor, with an inlet near the ceiling of the 2nd floor, a duct fan near the inlet, and an outlet near the floor...
  2. D

Washing Machine possessed - not sure where to post.

Thanks for all the replies... and then some! I did check on a timer, and yes, it looks to be about $150-$160. Actually, I think I already replaced it about 10 years ago, took maybe an hour. I did some checking with the Mrs. Turns out we bought the washer and dryer 1981. With as few problems...
  3. D

Washing Machine possessed - not sure where to post.

(Moderator, please move this to the appropriate area, if needed) Hi, I have a billion year old Maytag LA511 washer that has now become possessed. It will start a complete wash cycle all on it's own.:confused: The water will fill - usually to the low level - agitate and spin.:eek: In other...
  4. D

25v on my neutrals

Problem solved! I went up yesterday to have another look at things and found a suspect receptacle with a loose neutral. Of course, it was nowhere near the problem area (upstairs, on a living room wall, instead of downstairs where the problem was) So, I have to now re-label the breaker panel...
  5. D

25v on my neutrals

Actually, that's what I started with and noticed that the center green light was dim when checking the problem receptacles. -Bill
  6. D

25v on my neutrals

Hey 'Thatguy', that makes a lot of sense. BTW, the meter is a Triplett 9000. I have most of the walls opened up (drywall replacement) so I'll try to find the problem neutral and trace the run where it goes bad. I know it's not enough info to know exactly, but it seemed to me that it was a...
  7. D

25v on my neutrals

I'm trying to sort out an intermittent issue with a bedroom and bathroom feed. The home was built in '84 - Big Bear Lake, CA. Two downstairs bedrooms and a small bath are feed from one 20A run. One bedroom is fine, receptacles test OK. Second bedroom and bathroom receptacles show 25v neutral...
  8. D

Moentrol shower/tub valve question

I've installed a Moentrol #3570 valve in a new shower/tub, but haven't settled on the trim yet. There are a couple of styles we like, but one requires a #S935 valve. It looks to very similar to the #3570 - does anyone know what the difference is? The trim for the S935 is part of Moen's 'Show...
  9. D

Bathtub/Shower upgrade

Hello All... first post here, looks like a ton of info available! Here's my situation... The photo below shows the back side of our tiled tub/shower that was built directly on the slab. I don't think that this was original to the house as the previous owners did a major remodel in the early...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks