Search results

1. davearonson

Washing machine hose length?

Update: never mind about the length. It turns out that the installation instructions (now that I've found where we stashed away the manual!) say to zip-tie it to the sink leg, presumably to keep it from flopping around and popping out of the sink. However, there's not enough slack to do that...
  2. davearonson

Washing machine hose length?

Our washing machine has a hose that comes out the bottom back, goes over to the sink, drapes into the sink, and is then long enough that the filter on the end (like a mesh sock) is laying down in the sink and getting moldy. We're thinking of cutting it short so that the filter dangles like it...
  3. davearonson

Kitchen sink pull-down spray-head brand compatibility?

No tags, other than the ones on the supply lines from when they were stocked at Lowe's. (A lot of the work on this house was apparently done by a prior owner, who may have had less than professional levels of clue. Even this amateur has spotted several WTFs. Leaving the stock-tags on the...
  4. davearonson

All lights flickering when any load added -- normal, dangerous, or what?

Ever since we moved into our current house two years ago, we've had a problem in that any time practically any significant electrical appliance starts up (such as the heat pump, dishwasher, usually the dehumidifier, etc., but oddly enough NOT the clothes washer or dryer), all the lights in the...
  5. davearonson

Update: we're sick of the fershlugginer low-flow, making it take very long to fill pots, clean dirty stuff, or even get hot water. Any ideas at least how to identify the brand of faucet (will TRY to look at the thing's attachment points, under the counter, behind the sink), or some other brand...
  6. davearonson

Humidifier only working part-time :-(

We are also working on tightening up the house. I suspect the downstairs floor leaks like crazy, pulling in air from the large crawlspace beneath, since it gets so much colder than the upstairs. (At least we have covered most of the crawlspace vents for the winter.) When the weather gets a...
  7. davearonson

I meant I get a click out of the controller if I turn its knob (past the current humidity). There is no click from the solenoid, even if the blower is going (whether due to heating or telling the thermostat to keep it on). I suppose under the exact right conditions (whatever else is required...
  8. davearonson

Since y'all are of course waiting with bated breath, an update. We wound up going with the Danco. Couldn't find anything else that seemed to fit. It's doing OK, though still rather low flow, but then again, most of the house has rather poor pressure. :-(
  9. davearonson

I have a bypass humidifier that is not doing its job. Even when the control is set on 50%, the indoor humidity can be quite low. During the cold snap we had in December and January (I'm in Virginia), it was about 25%, verified by my dehumidifier (and a cheap little humidity indicator). The...
  10. davearonson

We are looking to replace our kitchen sink pull-down faucet aerator/spray-head due to poor pressure. However, we have no idea what brand it is! The connector on the hose is female, 3/4" inside diameter, 1/2" deep, about 12 TPI. You'd think that would help us determine what aftermarket...
  11. davearonson

How to remove bathroom sink drain collar?

Your site rescued me once again! I've been trying to remove one of those flanges that screw onto the drain body, but I wasn't familiar with that kind until I saw the post here. Quick tip to hold the flange still while you unscrew the body: press down firmly on it with a piece of grippy rubber...
  12. davearonson

Tightening Grohe Ladylux Plus

That worked great! As you predicted, I didn't have the tool that came with it, but I did find an open-ended wrench that fit. (I knew better than to use pliers!) Thanks, Dave
  13. davearonson

Tightening Grohe Ladylux Plus

I have a Grohe Ladylux Plus (I think) kitchen faucet, which has gotten a bit loose on the countertop. Some documentation I found on the web, implies that I need to remove the neck and tighten a nut in there. However, I've found absolutely nothing on how to remove the neck! Any clues, please...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks