Search results

1. gtmtnbiker

Piston valve vs Diaphragm valve for urinal

Hi, My local church has a few urinals that periodically (2-3 times per year?, maybe more because sometimes problems are not reported to me) run without stopping. The solution has been to hit the top of the valve a few times to get it to stop. I've had the local plumber look at it a few times...
  2. gtmtnbiker

Hot water baseboards versus electric baseboards

I'm part of a committee that is trying to come up with the specifications for adding two bathrooms to my church. One of the design decisions is hot water baseboard heat versus electric baseboard heat. Is one cheaper to install than the other or are they equivalent? I did some rough...
  3. gtmtnbiker

Tankless versus Tank toilets - which to consider for church?

My local church is looking to put in two new bathrooms in the basement so that restroom facilities are more accessible to the food pantry clients. I'm part of a committee that is trying to come up with specifications for this project. One point of discussion is tankless versus tank toilets...
  4. gtmtnbiker

Issue with Taco 241 swet-check

About a couple of days ago, we developed a problem with our heating system where one zone continues to put out heat even though the circulator pump is off. I believe the issue to be the Taco 241 Swet Check (flow check valve) has some sort of blockage such that it's not closing up correctl...
  5. gtmtnbiker

Replacing Toilet supply line

I'm in the middle of a project where I'm painting the bathroom. To make it easier for me, I pulled the toilet out. Plus, I intended to replace the "nipple" since it was painted and I want the chrome look. As you can see from the attached picture, it's not a nipple that I can unthread. There's...
  6. gtmtnbiker

Purging air from boiler

My system has a supply manifold with three circulator pumps and isolation valves. There is a return manifold with a boiler drain and isolation valve for each zone. From reading the archived posts in this forum and other forums, it's my understanding that to purge all the air from my boiler...
  7. gtmtnbiker

Boiler return temperature

On my boiler (Weil-McLain CGa5) , I have a temperature/pressure gauge on the supply side. There's no gauge on the return side. In the manual, it stresses that the return temp should not be less than 130 deg. How is this verified? Should there be a temp gauge on the return? Or does one...
  8. gtmtnbiker

Draining & purging boiler system to add 3rd zone

I will be starting a project to add a 3rd zone to my boiler. The plan is to split off the family room from the first floor zone to be a separate zone. It should have been a separate zone when the addition was built 30-40 years ago. The first floor is serviced by 1†pipe and is split into 2...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks