Search results

1. Cruiser

Plumbing for new washer Location

Hello all, Due to a kitchen remodel I moved our washer and dryer to a new location in a closet outside our guest bathroom. The nearest drain is in that bathroom and my plan is to run a 2" drain pipe from the washer to that drain as outlined in red dot line in photo. Does this look like I'm on...
  2. Cruiser

3/4" or 1/2" to shower valve vacinity

Hello all, I'm in the planning stages for a new double shower and am currently thinking water supply. It's a ranch style with concrete slab. The nearest current stub outs are 16 feet away (8' across the loft and 8' down the wall). There are 3/4" stubs and 1/2" stubs available to me at pretty...
  3. Cruiser

Kitchen sink rough in Plan

Hi Folks , I'm planning a rough in for new kitchen and am currently working on drain layout. The new sink is on an exterior wall that WAS 2x4 studs I furred this out using 2x 6's purely in order to keep the pipes from interfering with cabinets etc. I plan to stub the 2" drain 14" up from...
  4. Cruiser

Special Flux for silver solder?

Hi Folks, I bought some Canfields watersafe silver solder is there a special flux required to silver solder copper pipe or am I good to go with Nokorode regular paste flux? Thanks
  5. Cruiser

Extending copper lines under slab

Hi Folks, I have a hot water tank whose housing (marked A in photo) is currently protruding into what will be our new kitchen(access to tank is on outside of house)The supply to and from the tank is via copper piping under the concrete slab(bottom left). I wish to move the tank from its...
  6. Cruiser

Attic wiring

Hi folks, I moved here from Europe 3 years ago and began the reno on my house (1933) I went ahead and stripped her to studs and replumbed,rewired, seismic retrofit new kitchens new bath etc... HOWEVER I did not have any of it inspected as to be honest I didn't know I needed until it was...
  7. Cruiser

s-trap or p-trap for tub??

Hi folks, I'm ready to install my whirlpool in my new basement bathroom. Ive cut into the slab and have plenty or space to work with but which trap works best? A p-trap or an s-trap? This tub will also be used as a shower also if that makes any difference. Thanks all Martin
  8. Cruiser

No room on busbar

Hi, I'm coming to the end ( I hope) of a rewire on my house. I've got all my new circuits to the panel and have enough room for my breakers but do not have enough slots on the busbar to take all the neutrals and grounds for same. How do I fit a larger one? When I bought the house the neuts...
  9. Cruiser

Cloudy hot water:)

Hi all, Well I just spent the last three days repiping my old house from galv 1/2" to copper 3/4". In the process i also moved the hot water tank into the garage. When I switched on the water everything flowed where it should except for one leak:) However my hot water is coming out cloudy...
  10. Cruiser

basement tub rough in

Folks, I'm nearly finished my basement bathroom rough in. The last thing( I hope!) is the rough in for the tub (was never a tub there). What i've done so far is run a 2" drain to the edge of a hole 12"x12"x12" . Do I hook up a 1 1/2" 'p' trap to my 2" drain now or do I wait until I get the...
  11. Cruiser

Basement Rough In

Thanks to all those who've helped me over the last while with my questions. I went with ABS pipe for my basement bath rough in and now need some help as regards venting same. I've taken a photo of the drain layout to let you guys see whats what. I'm glad to announce that I now have no leaks...
  12. Cruiser

Joning CI to ABS...drip...drip...drip:)

I bought a ferco fitting to join these two but the cast iron has been underground for 80yrs and is a bit bumpy on the outside:) I tried to fit them together but the CI end keeps dripping water out. I've tried to smooth the surface with a wire brush with little success,anybody got any ideas...
  13. Cruiser

PVC Vs ABS

Hi, I've taken up the slab in basement to plumb new bathroom and am curious as to which type of drain pipe is best for under concrete PVC or ABS? Which do you use and why? Thanks
  14. Cruiser

New tub in basement help needed..got photos!

Hi, I want to remodel my basement bathroom and have included a photo below to show you the guys what the current situation is as regards drains etc. In the photo you can see the main stack as it goes through slab, the main vent is the white to the left and the galvanised brown to the right is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks