Search results

1. ericbar

Pressure Switch Short Cycle

Thanks for your help. I am slowly learning my way in the plumbing world and I appreciate your advice!
  2. ericbar

Why is that filter causing the problem? Is this a common problem with whole house filters?
  3. ericbar

I adjusted the screw and it clicked on and off at the right pressure, but the pressure coming out of the faucets was still low, especially when I ran two things at once. I proceded to remove my whole house water filter and the pressure returned to what it used to be before all of these problems...
  4. ericbar

I replaced the pressure switch(30/50) and pressure gauge. I drained the tank to do this and also relieved all the pressure from the valve on top of the tank so that no air would come out and my tire gauge read zero. I then filled the tank with air up to 28 psi. The short cycling has stopped...
  5. ericbar

I ran my well dry two weeks ago by overusing my pressure washer over the course of two days. I shut off my pump immediatedly to be sure I didn't burn up the submersible pump and was out of town for two weeks. Upon returning two weeks later the well water level was back to normal. The problem...
  6. ericbar

Need help with sediment

I just had a new well pump installed(500 feet deep) and water delivered down my well after my well had run dry. I have plenty of pressure and flow when I do not have a whole house filter installed, but when I put one in I lose pressure and flow quickly and the filter has collected a lot of...
  7. ericbar

TOO MUCH SEDIMENT!!! Help!

I just had a new well pump installed(500 feet deep) and water delivered down my well after my well had run dry. I have plenty of pressure and flow when I do not have a whole house filter installed, but when I put one in I lose pressure and flow quickly and the filter has collected a lot of...
  8. ericbar

Losing pressure when filter is installed

I recently had my well dry up and had 450 gallons of potable water dumped in my well. I have a lot of sediment in the water so after a short time of having some water it clogged the filter and I changed it. The next one clogged up even sooner than the last and a third one clogged up...
  9. ericbar

My Well Is Dry

My well went dry and burned out my pump, so I replaced the pump but the water is slow to return. Anytime I switch on the pump I get a great amount of water, but only for about two minutes, then it runs out and I shut off the pump so I don't burn this one out. Do you think my water will come...
  10. ericbar

Help! I have no water!

Found out what it was. It turned out that my filter was soooo clogged that it finally would not let any water pass through it. Thanks for everyone's help.
  11. ericbar

Help! I have no water!

Pressure Gauge I don't think the pressure gauge works properly because I just ran all the water out of the faucets and it was still reading at 40, which is more than the 30 it was going down to earlier. Guess I'll need a pressure gauge too. Thanks again. I will post back to let you know the...
  12. ericbar

Help! I have no water!

Cass How do I check them? I don't know a whole lot about this, but we really can't afford a major repair. I hope it is only the switch or a clog and that I would be able to do it. Thanks for your help.
  13. ericbar

Help! I have no water!

alternety There is not a filter before the tank. I don't think that there is water in the tank because I knock on it and it sounds empty. I am not sure what I am looking for when you say contacts, but if they are the only possible thing that could move on the switch then they are open because...
  14. ericbar

Help! I have no water!

I need some serious help. My wife is very pregnant and all of the sudden we have no water coming out of our faucets. If I turn the water off and wait a few minutes I will have water for about 15 seconds and it slowly loses pressure down to a trickle and then nothing. If I flush the toilet, it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks