Search results

1. hosea

Submersible Well Pump: Best Makers?

Some good info. I am making copies so when my pump goes, I will be able to help make the choice of pump and motor. I wonder if I should consider replacing it now or just wait for the frozen New England day in January when it fails to do it.
  2. hosea

Thanks, I hope others will offer their input into my question. Always good to have additional advice.
  3. hosea

What suggestions are there for a replace submersible well pump? I have been using a Goulds Submersible Pump powered by a Franklin Submersible Motor ½ hp on a 230v circuit since 1984. It continues to work well, no pun intended, but are these two companies still top of the line? I want to be...
  4. hosea

Septic tank questions

Here in Western Mass with lots of gravel, we have our system pumped every election year. It makes it easy to remember that way. We use a garbage disposal, but only for the last bit of items that did not get thrown in the garbage container or compost container. We have been with our system now...
  5. hosea

Wall hung toilet

Have you ever seen a link with directions for installing one of these? I posted another thread on how to do this, especially the use of the "saver nut", but have had no positive replies. Kohler had the diagram, but no directions. I don't have a choice as I have had mine off the wall for a...
  6. hosea

Wall hung toilet

Can you better explain what your concerns are?
  7. hosea

Wall hung toilet

I received a pdf file from Kohler today. I tried it as an attachment, but it is about twice the size allowed by this forum. The number is below. You could email Kohler and ask them for this file number: 114879_8.pdf. Or you could ask them for the diagram for K-3440-EB Elongated or K-3440-PT...
  8. hosea

Wall hung toilet

I think you have figured it out. I would highly recommend painting behind the tank and not removing it. The original plumber must have done a fantastic job. Mine used wax rings, which have started to leak, so I have a big project ahead of me. If you look down in your tank, you will see the...
  9. hosea

Wall Hung Toilet "Saver Nut"

I read some place that I should tighten the two upper nuts and the lower left nut. The lower right has a "saver nut" that looks like a threaded washer with multiple holes so that it can be turned counter clock wise to snug up against the toilet bowl. It is turned with a nail that is used...
  10. hosea

Wall Hung Toilet "Saver Nut"

Is there an on-line link which clearly shows how to re-mound my Kohler four bolt wall hung toilet? I am a little unsure how the "saver nut" works.
  11. hosea

Wall hung toilet

Third screw I have probably the same toilet you have and took it off the wall a long time ago to do a project. The lower toilet has a recess beneath the tank for a screw. I will look at it again if you still have a question about it. I started back on this project today.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks