Search results

1. B

Proper drainage of a bathtub

Drainage problem solved! Hey everyone who helped me solve my drainage problem last week, thanks! This weekend I cut out the job I did last weekend (remember, the homemade u-trap and a second p-trap combo I had at the end of my tub with no slope). I redid the line to connect to the old brass...
  2. B

old wiring, any ideas?

wiring issue David, You're idea of fun is a little weird, to say the least!:) That's what I figured too. Whoever wired before me probably did what I am doing which is replacing it when I find it, but leaving it alone if you can't. I'll let you know how it goes. If you don't hear from me...
  3. B

old wiring, any ideas?

old wiring I like the idea of the plastic conduit but I'm probably going to replace the wring like frenchie said. The problem is that once it gets down in that floor I don't know where it goes. The box in the basement has all new wiring so it's hard to trace.
  4. B

What's below this tub? crawl space or another room (i see insulation)? The second floor ceiling is below so there are 10 inch joists with some insulation. It's enough room for me to put the p-trap in. you just need to remove the tub, Install a left hand drain tub and move the tub/shower...
  5. B

old wiring, any ideas?

splices No those aren't splices, the wires just cross in the picture. Yes, I'm going to anchor them to the wall but I need to decide if I need to replace or not. I can't find how far the wiring extends down to the next floor. My main question is if there is a way to cover them with some sort of...
  6. B

old wiring, any ideas?

Hey guys, need some electrical advice on what to do. I renovated my 3rd floor last year and successfully updated some old wiring. I am now redoing the 3rd floor bathroom. I have approx. 3 to 4 ft of the old 2 wire electrical wiring left that I had hooked into. I know I should replace old wiring...
  7. B

proper drainag OK guys, that sounds good. I'm going to cut out my rigged u-trap configuration, cut out the old copper p-trap configuration and try to tie the line straight into the pipe. No more twists and turns. I'll leave the p-trap under the tub drain which should be correct. Hopefully there...
  8. B

drainage. Are you saying get rid of the p-trap located directly under the tub or get rid of the old p-trap located at the back of the tub? The old copper p-trap would be the easiest to eliminate. Maybe I could get a slight slope then.
  9. B

drainage problem Jim's advice was helpful too. I'm at work now, but when I get home I'll fill the tub up and see if I can get it to drain out in 2 to 4 minutes. Maybe that is a good indicator if I've got a problem?
  10. B

drainage problems brainstorming... - benchmark tub drain? Yeah, maybe I'm making too big of a deal on this and I've got an acceptable drainage? - remove bends and that second trap? Do you think my second trap is a problem, possibly slowing down my drainage too much? - do you really have no...
  11. B

Benchmark Actually any guidance on a benchmark on how fast a tub should drain would be really helpful. Maybe I'm just making a mountain out of a molehill? Maybe my connections are good? The tub does drain properly and reasonably fast. If I run the shower full blast for 15 minutes with the drain...
  12. B

Drainage problem To help I've drawn a crude illustration of my problem as an attchement. I hope this helps in the diagnosis.
  13. B

plumbing problem David, Yeah, you got the pictue. I think you are hinting that I've got too many angles in the pipes and maybe I should work on making a straighter line of flow for the water to run. I would agree, but still, even if I eliminate the pvc u-bend and the copper p-trap and connect...
  14. B

drainage problem #2 Just to clarify: I have a new p-trap at the head of the tub that I installed and I left the old copper p-trap in at the end of the tub. That may be a factor too. I've got 2 p-traps going on.
  15. B

drainage problem Thanks for your response David and your help. I have just a bathtub hooked to the line, no second shower. The showerhead is part of the tub system. I'm assuming my tub will be used 99% of the time for taking showers, not baths. I've included a pic of my rubber boot connection...
  16. B

Slow Bathtub Drain

Same kind of drain That's funny, If your pic is correct, you've got the same kind of drain system I have with the pop-up drain stop. I was wondering if those pop-up drain stops just don't let enough water through and causes a back-up. Anybody have any experience with them?
  17. B

Hi everyone, I'm from St. Louis MO. Got a drainage issue with a bathtub. The previous owner put the drain on the wrong side (left side) for a shower to work. I have installed a brand new tub on the right side but have come up with an issue. My drainage plumbing runs underneath the length of my...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks