Search results

1. twinbro2

"Push" Faucets in Bathroom Will Not Stop

how to adjust metering faucet? Your question prompted me to do some more research -- I think page 9 of this manual answers my question... http://www.chicagofaucet.com/Repair_Manual_Wkr.pdf
  2. twinbro2

"Push" Faucets in Bathroom Will Not Stop

One of our church's bathrooms has a lavatory with a fixture on it that operates by pushing the hot or cold knobs. Literally, each knob says "Push" on it, and, when it's working you just push the knob and water flows for 10 seconds or so and then automatically stops. This week both quit...
  3. twinbro2

Inspection/licensing for working on own house

OK to work on own house... I called our building office, and in my county you can work on your own residence but you need to get a building permit and also need to have work inspected before any of it is covered up.
  4. twinbro2

thanks for the replies thanks for the info... I will check with the local building code people... A (competent) homeowner ought to be able to do some work on his/her own house. On the other hand, there are certain things in plumbing that seem simple but aren't. P.S. In SC there are...
  5. twinbro2

When you work on your own house, do you need to get the building inspector to come look at your work? For example, if you are replacing one existing supply line? What if you replumb the whole house? Also, do you need to get any kind of plumbing or contractors license to work on your own...
  6. twinbro2

Should I replumb/repipe the house myself?

replumb That's interesting... Mine sounds like it will be less complicated b/c I don't have a slab and I'm not moving any fixtures. I can get to most of the supply lines in the crawl space. Of course I would have to take out the drywall, too. Did you use PEX? Copper? ?
  7. twinbro2

replumbing inquiry OK, i appreciate everyone's thoughtful replies!
  8. twinbro2

OK, this sounds like a crazy question, but bear with me. The problem is that we have pb pipe with the plastic fittings, but our leak developed too late to be included in the class action that would have paid to replumb the house. The pb pipe is not leaking now, but I fear that potential...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks