Search results

1. R

difference between low flow and regular bowl?

Thanks for the education, Sam and Jimbo. I was assuming about having to hold the handle down. Clearly, I was wrong. I have now used the toilet extensively and I see what you're talking about. It is really very powerful and clean! I'M DONE WITH THE BATHROOM!!! :D :)
  2. R

Postmortem & critique Hi, Well, I installed the Drake yesterday and it's way better than the old high flow. It is a little noisier than I expected, but I guess there is no way to have power and quiet at the same time. I'm also not crazy about the fact that, in order to get a full flush for...
  3. R

Suck-cess!!! (in a toilet kind of way) Thanks, all! I took your advice to look at the Toto website and I found a great video of the whole system. I already trusted the information I got here that mounting the 1.6 gpf tank on the old bowl wouldn't work, but now I know why. Here is the url ...
  4. R

Yes, I think you're right. Still, I'd love to know, from an engineering standpoint... what changes did they make in the bowl to make 1.6 gallons accomplish the same thing as 7 gallons? ... anyone... ???
  5. R

Thanks. That makes sense, that there would be engineering changes necessary to a-commode-ate (heh, heh!) less water. I guess I'll just ante up for the Toto Drake and pull the old toilet one ---- more ---- time ---- ugh! So sick of wax rings!
  6. R

Hi, Does anyone know authoritatively what the difference between a low flow and an older regular toilet bowl is? I know the tank is different, I just wonder if I can replace an old tank with a new 1.6 gpf. If you know, I'd really appreciate the info! Thanks in advance. -Rich...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks