Search results

1. Master Plumber Mark

Orphaned gas water heater situation? And what to do about it

I should have taken a picture of the job I was on yesterday installing a water softener... I thought about doing this but it slipped my mind.. A 110 year old house.... it has a brick chimney and it had both an abandoned 5 inch flu pipe for the furnace capped off and the water heater was...
  2. Master Plumber Mark

Orphaned gas water heater situation? And what to do about it

We see this issue all the time.... I let the customer know about it and leave it at that... I normally go ahead and install the water heater and if they decide to put in a liner at a future date then they can spend the money at that time.... Most times the furnace was changed out years ago...
  3. Master Plumber Mark

Replace/Rebuild Expansion Valve when Replacing Water Heater?

you dont know how well it works, I would just tear it all out and do a new stop and expansion tank
  4. Master Plumber Mark

Milwaukee Pex Expansion tool

I would not gamble on this.... you should use the Uponor with that tool...it works great I would rather use sharkbites before crossing one tool with another brand and having a mess on my hands
  5. Master Plumber Mark

Uponer Pex-A for Repipe

We have used miles of Uponor over the years..... I have seen many homes done in this stuff with no issues.... We have never had one issue and If you use the plastic expansion rings and the black plastic fittings you will probably get by fine for 30+ years... it all depends on the amounts...
  6. Master Plumber Mark

Uponer Pex-A for Repipe

You should just go with the normal CLEAR wirsbo uponor pex with the expansion rings and plastic fittings.... They seem to be the be the best on the market... Its all a crap shoot out there with everyone saying their brand is better than others..... If you are worried about all of this ...
  7. Master Plumber Mark

New 75 Gal - Not Good For The Big Tub

Just stop trying to be thrifty with the hot water.... if your wife wants hot water to fill up her huge. tub then turn the heater up to 135-145 and make her happy.... 120 is too wimpy and is not gonna cut it go out and buy a couple of water heater blankets and wrap the tank to conserve the...
  8. Master Plumber Mark

Bradford White new unit not holding consistent temp

you probably have a bad Icon control and you should make them change it while it is still under warranty
  9. Master Plumber Mark

Honeywell thermostat 5 flash error

If your heater is still under 6 years old you just need to get a complete box of replacement parts from the supply house and change the whole assembly including the gas valve itself
  10. Master Plumber Mark

Rheem vs AO Smith Hybrid Heat Pump Water Heater HPWH

Gee, I guess its just a matter of time before something like this would happen.... you keep buying those EVs... https://www.worldtribune.com/hertz-rental-car-company-dumps-20000-evs/
  11. Master Plumber Mark

Measuring Hot Water Consumption in Shared Recirculation System

What exactly are you talking about?? Why would you need to meter the hot water usages?? You both have separate water meters to pay for the water, correct??? Their one boiler heating both of the homes correct?? Does the boiler have a heat exchanger on it to heat the POTABLE hot...
  12. Master Plumber Mark

Multiple leaks uponor pex 2012 home

If you are on city water you might have high levels of Chlorine and Chlormines too.... your best option is to install a back washing carbon filter to take out all the chlorines from the system If you re-pipe the house out of some other kind of pex I strongly urge you to install and carbon...
  13. Master Plumber Mark

New water heater install - Copper directly on hot water nipple?

I am pretty religious about the pan I put them all in a pan and even without a drain nearby, I install a threaded adaptor on the pan so the customer can hook up a garden hose to it and pipe it outside or to a far away drain.... The pan is code in our area and its just wise to do this Its...
  14. Master Plumber Mark

Tile guy made a mistake - how to fix it?

When in doubt, just grout.... that is a long standing rule...
  15. Master Plumber Mark

New water heater install - Copper directly on hot water nipple?

I dont like the pro-press fittings .... they are not re-usable and if you have an issue its all got to be torn out and redone again... they should have used SS flex connectors..... their is no pan under the water heater which we always install no matter what the story is.... its...
  16. Master Plumber Mark

Uponer Pex-A for Repipe

Their have been a lot of times I have had to cut all the propress fittings lout on top of a water heater just to repair a simple pin hole leak.. ..... propress is a one time shot which is ok the best applications for the propress is where you have an emergency 1 1/2 water line that has...
  17. Master Plumber Mark

Uponer Pex-A for Repipe

Slomoola said: Dont use them much very rarely never had a problem with a sharkbite , I dont do propress either but have in the past highrise , commercial and hospitol seems ok , Ran a fair amount of victaulic thats just rubber too I think that lasts pretty good. Propress is a nice tool but...
  18. Master Plumber Mark

Uponer Pex-A for Repipe

Full Flow?? The expansion type rings and fittings that go into the pipe restricts the flow FAR much worse thana sharkbite does But You wont know or feel the difference on a 2 bathroom home or even a 5 bathroom home.....with 75psi coming into the home whichever fitting you use... \ I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks