Search results

1. BAPlumber

Minimum pressure test for drain lines ?

using this method wastes a lot of paper towels. my uniform service provides rags that are re-usable and don't diminish the rain forests.
  2. BAPlumber

Toilet directly atop soil stack

1/4" per foot is a minimum grade. run it all straight down vertically if you want.
  3. BAPlumber

can't stop the leaks

I don't know the layout of your house but, you should have a shut off valve on your water heater. shutting this off should stop the flow of hot water through your problem valves and allow work to be done.
  4. BAPlumber

Venting Shower

where is the Lav? where are you going to wash your hands?
  5. BAPlumber

can't stop the leaks

did these fixtures leak water before? If not, debris may have gotten stuck in the valve and is allowing constant flow from the water heater. is this bathroom located adjacent to the heater? Kitchen or laundry affected?
  6. BAPlumber

Ball valves - are they created equal?

twenty bucks cash usually will do the trick.
  7. BAPlumber

Ball valves - are they created equal?

wouldn't any solution be just as easy? Shutting off the ball valve, cutting the copper, unscrewing fitting from the valve, screwing in new copper mip adapter and pipe? Shutting off city line/meter, cutting copper, sweating on new ball valve, sweating on new 3/4" tubing? of the valves...
  8. BAPlumber

cutting into a line to put a ball valve

why would this guy come to this site if he had so little respect for Plumbers? this irritates me so much I can't write rationally now.
  9. BAPlumber

Code issue

Sure. What state and code are you governed by? Every state has differant codes and amendments to that code. Plus additional laws on who can touch the plumbing period.
  10. BAPlumber

Easy question (?)

sounds like you need a longer tail piece. all tubing and sockets should bottom out without stress on the system. I used duct tape on gas pipe the other day, seemed to keep the dirt out.
  11. BAPlumber

PEX

this argument is crazy since most faucets have smaller inlets or outlets(volume controlled). it does not matter that pex is "restrictive". system should be designed appropriatly.
  12. BAPlumber

MAPP Torch? Please Help

that rig will probably be fine for you.
  13. BAPlumber

thermostat on rheem needs daily resetting

replace both the upper and lower thermostats. that should solve the problem.
  14. BAPlumber

My septic tanks inlet is lower than my commode drain

sounds like someone who doesn't care or doesn't know how to read prints. what was it that made you hire them in the first place?
  15. BAPlumber

T&P Valve

I don't see much point in a drip pan if there is nowhere for it to drain to. A pump could be used for any discharge. I once had an inspector in Bellevue have me drill a small hole in the bottom of the 90 that goes up and out, so that it would drain if there was any discharge. I wouldn't...
  16. BAPlumber

Must this tub faucet be changed out too...

this has been code at least since 2000, I don't remember exactly. there are 3 handle valves with the scald guard or, there are balancing valves that could be added to an existing 2 or 3 handle valve.
  17. BAPlumber

Harvey's PVC Cement

this will probably start an arguement here but, if the can does not say it can be used on cpvc, I wouldn't use it. CPVC (clorinated poly vinyl cloride) is differant from PVC.
  18. BAPlumber

frostfree silcock

I'm a fan of Arrowheads, never had a problem.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks