Search results

1. Duke76

Tempstar Lockout Problem

Thank you, Jim.
  2. Duke76

Tempstar Lockout Problem

I have a new Tempstar furnace using propane gas. It usually takes two or three attempts for it to light and once every couple of days it experiences a 3 hour safety lockout. If I flip the circuit breaker off and back on it usually restarts. My HVAC guy says he has replaced "everything that...
  3. Duke76

Locate Abandoned Wire

Thank you. Yes, the switch is still there. It is in the same box with two other switches, one controlling an overhead fan (with light kit) and an outside light. The room has a vaulted ceiling and the fan light kit is just not enough light for the room.
  4. Duke76

Locate Abandoned Wire

When my house was built a can was installed in the ceiling for a picture light connected to a switch on an adjacent wall. We discovered this after the drywall was installed and, since we did not want the picture light, the builder capped it off somehow and covered the can with a drywall patch...
  5. Duke76

Combining Zones

Thank you very much.
  6. Duke76

Combining Zones

I purchased a home with an irrigation system running 12 zones on a fairly small lot. I don't know why it has so many zones, perhaps low city water pressure. When I purchased the home, the previous homeowner told me that he was in the process of coverting to lake water and all I needed to do...
  7. Duke76

Propane Stove Reconnect

Thank you. I appreciate the help.
  8. Duke76

Propane Stove Reconnect

I just completed a kitchen remodel and need to reconnect my propane stove. I called my propane supplier to arrange the reconnect but their person is in the hospital and they are having problems finding someone to do the job. Is the reconnect something I could do myself ? I'm an average...
  9. Duke76

Leaking Waste Drain Stack

I just checked it again. There is no sign of leaking at the roof. No water stains. The vertical pipe is not wet. It only leaks when it rains really, really hard. That makes it really hard to track down. Normally there is only air in this pipe so that's why I thought I could change the...
  10. Duke76

Leaking Waste Drain Stack

I've been trying to locate a leak that originates in the attic when it rains. I finally found the problem. The waste drain stack comes out of an interior wall, runs horizontally for about 20 feet, then turns vertical again up through the roof. The problem is that the horizontal run is...
  11. Duke76

Combining Zones & Pump Question

I don't know the answer to your question. I use a foot valve in my application. The owner's manual shows the installation with a foot valve. Copy this link into your browser to go to the owners manual. http://www.starite.com/pdf/BE682(4-29-03).pdf Before I purchased I asked questions...
  12. Duke76

The pump is a Berkeley SSHM-2, 2 horsepower. It has been up and running for about a month and I'm very happy with it so far. The pump sits on a floating dock. I have about a 50' (maybe 75') vertical rise and about 400' horizontal run from the lake to the front yard of my home. The pump...
  13. Duke76

230 volt question

Thanks for the responses. I want to add about 50' of wire. After thinking about some more it is probably best to disconnect the existing wire and put a watertight junction box under the gangway. I can add new wire from the junction box to the pump and have the connection made permanently in...
  14. Duke76

230 volt question

I have a 230 volt irrigation pump located on a floating dock on a man-made lake subject to Army Corps of Engineers regulations. Power is supplied from the house to a power pole located on the lakeshore. the pump is wired to the peer pole with a breakaway plug. All has been installed by an...
  15. Duke76

I purchase a home with a 12-zone irrigation system on municipal water. When I bought it the owner said the system was all plumbed for lake water, I just need to install a pump. I chose an identical pump as my next door neighbor (same topography and lot size) and it is installed in an identical...
  16. Duke76

PE Pipe Connection

Thanks to everyone for their ideas. I used a hair dryer for about 5 minutes and that did the trick.
  17. Duke76

PE Pipe Connection

I believe it is 1 1/4" ID.
  18. Duke76

PE Pipe Connection

Thanks HJ. I can't remember what PVC adapted it is and I'm not there to look. I've researched it before but can you refresh my memory. PVC female with steel male is OK but the reverse is not? Is that correct ? And is it because of expansion?
  19. Duke76

PE Pipe Connection

Thanks for the comments. Let me clarify. The PE tubing gets a barb x threaded stainless steel fitting. I'm having trouble getting the barb inserted far enough into the PE for an acceptable fit. I need to temporarily soften the PE to get the barb inserted. The manufacturer recommends hot...
  20. Duke76

Turning on in ground sprinkler system for spring

I have had this happen to me as well. With help from others on this forum I was able to trace it back to dirt in the valve preventing the diaphram from closing. I opened up the problem-valve, removed the dirt and that solved the problem. Another time the diaphram was torn and needed to be...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks