Search results

1. sbrn33

Ideal dock wiring Questions?

Randy, please listen to JW and the others. YOU ARE GOING TO GET SOMEONE KILLED with your bull headed stance on this.
  2. sbrn33

Can you tolerate ONE More question about Sub-Panel?

raceway? Furd, why would he need to run the feeders in a raceway? Local code amendment? I don't believe the N.E.C. calls for this.
  3. sbrn33

220v to 110v

You should stop talking as the hole you are digging is getting deeper and deeper.
  4. sbrn33

220v to 110v

Yes, make sure there is a ground wire and protect it with the right size breaker. Install a junction box somewhere accessible and run new 12-2 to where you need your new circuits. Protect with a 2 pole 20 amp breaker.
  5. sbrn33

220v to 110v

Rock pretty much said it all. My only apology will be that I didn't get back to the forum faster and Rock beat me to it. Ballvalve, I will say it again, by reading your post you have proven to me(and apparently some others) that you are not an electrician. You may be a great plumber(going by...
  6. sbrn33

220v to 110v

Ballvalve, You should not be giving any information on any electrical install as it is apparent that you have no electrical experience as most everything you have stated is incorrect or just down right dangerous. OP If that existing cable is a 4 wire you could split it up and install that...
  7. sbrn33

Contactor burning

9 out of 10 times this is a burnt coil not any real problem with the actual contacts or mechanism. Low voltage to the coil for a while will burn em up.
  8. sbrn33

Shady electrical work?

WOW, I don't know how to get it through your head that a recess lighting j-box is not a buried j-box. I think you don't really understand or want to understand. On the reliability issue, There are literally billions and billions of wire nut type connections out there and failure rate of a...
  9. sbrn33

Shady electrical work?

I have yet to see any N.E.C. code that would allow you to bury those J boxes in drywall. I am going to call your bluff and ask for the code reference on this one. I could be wrong, have been before but there is a big difference between under asphalt or earth and under drywall in a home. I would...
  10. sbrn33

Shady electrical work?

if the guy that did the wiring in the pics was really an electrician you should report him to the inspectors in the area. That is some of the worst wiring i have ever seen from an actual electrician. DIY I would understand but a pro, no way.
  11. sbrn33

Gas water heater ground

Why anyone would be against properly bonding a metal piping system is beyond my comprehension. You should resign from any code or policy making boards you might be on.
  12. sbrn33

Disconnects:

Just bolt them shut. Totally legal
  13. sbrn33

DIY Again

They have!! It's called a General Contractor.
  14. sbrn33

DIY Electrical

Yea that could be right, I didn't really think about that as it would be pretty rare in a Sq-D QO series. Good catch though. Either way I would not want anything to do with the insides of that panel, between the QO's crappy neutral bar set-up and the side entry of the wires that baby has got...
  15. sbrn33

DIY Electrical

As I look at the pro panel, I can count a least 35 circuits going into what looks like a 150 ampere 30 circuit panel.(judging by the se cable). I am pretty sure that isn't a 40 or 42 space panel. Thanks Scott
  16. sbrn33

Changing receptacle

If you stick up for backstabbing you either just like to argue or have never done service work for more than a week. Just my opinion of course
  17. sbrn33

What Leads For A Digital Multimeter?

I was thinking the same thing. Who hasn't had the leads in the wrong holes or the meter set on the wrong setting? My lead set cost almost $30 bucks(without the meter). I can say I might be just a little scared checking 480 with that meter.
  18. sbrn33

Box extension

It's called a handy box extension ring. It will fit right on the existing box and make every thing safe and up to code. The only hard part is that you will probably have to use a ground clip to ground it. They are ussaly only an inch and a half so you might still have to use the Arlington...
  19. sbrn33

Failed GFCI?

The GFCI is probably alright. What you had was a short to ground and the breaker did it's job quicker than the GFCI. If you had been standing in water and touched the hot wire and ground the difference in potential would have made the GFCI trip.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks