Search results

1. SouthernNaturelover

Heat pump question

I had to crawl under my house a few days ago to run some TV cable, and I noticed that the main line coming from my a/c unit into the house doesn't have any insulation around it. The heater was on so the line felt warm when I touched it. Am I losing some heat by not having insulation on this...
  2. SouthernNaturelover

New sterling bath damaged by bodysoap

What about a bar of soap sitting in the soap dish overnight? Are you not supposed to do that either?
  3. SouthernNaturelover

How to solder correctly

I'm using a regular Benzomatic torch and Oatey #5 flux. It could very well be some water in the pipe that I don't see. I'll give the shopvac method a try.
  4. SouthernNaturelover

How to solder correctly

"cover both the fitting interior and the pipe exterior with flux, then go for it." So you're saying I shouldn't apply any more flux to the outside of the joint before soldering? It almost does seem like it's the flux causing the solder not to stick. I have been applying it to the outside...
  5. SouthernNaturelover

How to solder correctly

I am remodeling a bathroom in my house (not the house mentioned in my other thread). My house has copper piping and I can never seem to get the soldering right. I always make sure the pipes are clean and I apply flux before soldering. But, the solder seems to lump up and sometimes looks burnt...
  6. SouthernNaturelover

Plumbing hasn't been used in years

Would it be best to use CPVC for hot and cold? Even the cold water pipes will get hot occasionally in the attic.
  7. SouthernNaturelover

That's kinda what I envisioned. I would definitely have to hire a plumber to work on the drains since I wouldn't even attempt to bust up a slab. I should have stated from the beginning that I will be gutting the interior. All of the sheetrock walls and ceilings will be removed and replaced...
  8. SouthernNaturelover

I do have a compressor. I'll have to experiment with that.
  9. SouthernNaturelover

This makes me feel better about the septic system. Unfortunately the water pipes are not copper, I believe they are galvanized. I'm planning on having to replace them as they will probably be rusty.
  10. SouthernNaturelover

I dont think the field lines have been replaced. If so, it would have been in the 70's or 80's. Freezing isn't usually a concern here since I'm near the gulf coast (it rarely gets under 25 degrees). My main concern was with the pipes being dry so long. There is actually two septic systems on...
  11. SouthernNaturelover

I am going to be buying a house from a family member soon and have a few worries about it. For starters, it hasn't been occupied since 2001, and even then it was a rental. Second, the house is on a slab and has cement block outer walls. It was built in the 50's so I'm assuming the drain pipes...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks