Search results

1. spetrucco

HVAC Trunk Sizing

Looking for some adivce on what size trunks to run and when to reduce. I am looking to frame in a wall that will house the trunks so I need to know the sizes prior to framing. I am not ready to purchase the acutal hvac unit at this time and will leave this area open. Questions: Do I need...
  2. spetrucco

DWV Layout Critique........Bathroom & Laundry Room.

Thanks HJ Do you recommend a 3" wye fitting on the vertical section above the above the washing machine branch? I guess I could but an access panel on the wall for it.
  3. spetrucco

cacher chick, Thanks The lav vent will loop over an tie in well above the washing machine flood point. The 2" sink drain will be less then 8ft. Question: Isn't a 2" drain capable of accomodating 16 max fix units (vertical) & 8 max fix units (horizontal)? Washiing machine is 2 + sink is 2...
  4. spetrucco

Does anyone have any additional comments on my revised laundry room layout? Thank You.
  5. spetrucco

2nd try ...laundry room Pic#1 Shows using 2" all the way from sink to laundry to vertical drain. Sink vent is 1.5" Laundry vent is 2" (lower wye on sink is a cleanout...good idea?) Unfortunately I am under IPC and this is not legit.(2" stack) Pic#2 Shows 2" all the way from sink to...
  6. spetrucco

Hi, Just want to get the forums optinion on 2 seperate layouts. First Pic Laundry room with sink, right to left santee with 1.5" sink stub with 2inch drain down and 1.5" reducer to vent up 2" long sweep 90 2" laundry pipe to trap to wye with 2" vent vertical. 2" wye for tie in to 2"...
  7. spetrucco

Laundry Room Drain Set-Up - is it okay?

nukeman, I am in PA and believe under the IPC. If I understand you correctly (under IPC) the verticle line above and below the san-tee must be 3" ?.....I am referencing the pic in your previous post via Terry. Question : I am planning a 2nd fl washing machine that was going to be vented...
  8. spetrucco

Basics....pulling a bath faucet help

Cant seem to find anything that reveals how to remove this faucet as the hot side is leaking. Looked underneath but it is clearly bolted from the top. Cant find a brand anywhere either. Is this simply a job for a handle puller ? If so how to do it and not scratch the chrome. see pic...
  9. spetrucco

Remove plaster and lathe or leave it?

plaster & lathe I have been where you are! I kept the orginal plaster ceilings b/c they were in good condition. I would keep them. My advice for the high hats is to save the $60 on the 6" bit and buy a couple of masonary blades for your angle grinder. It makes a hell of a mess ( and you...
  10. spetrucco

Gerber Avalanche toilet product review

Toto vs Gerber I am back to report.... I installed a Gerber Avalanche round front toilet a couple months ago in a rental property. Unfortunately I have not gotten around to renting it so I have had plenty of opportunity to test it. I will start with saying I am a healthy 210lbs 6'2...
  11. spetrucco

Gerber Avalanche toilet product review

Gerber Avalanche! Per Redwood's request I will divulge my limited experience with the Gerber Avalanche Toilet. You gotta love the name! I will preface this by stating I am not a plumber but pretty damn handy! I am converting a single family home to duplex. My requirements were simple...
  12. spetrucco

Best buy 10" rough in toilet?

10" toilet First let me state that I am a diy'er not a plumber. I needed a 10" toilet just like you. For the price that HD / Lowes quoted me for a 10' cadet I went to a local plumbing supply and orderd a 10" gerber Avalanche. Installed it 2 days ago with no problem. Simply put: Toto >...
  13. spetrucco

Wire protection

U-Guard What you are looking for is used in the telecom industry on telephone poles. They are made of plastic or galvanized steel. It is called a U-Guard and comes in different diameters at 8ft lengths. You will need the corresponding straps to secure it to the house. -Shawn
  14. spetrucco

Hit a phone line and need help.

phone line Got Nailed. I am on your side. I work in the communications industry (fiber). I place one-calls, engineer routes and even watch crews install it all the time. I will assume this is a copper cable that you hit. No biggie. Be glad it was not fiber....someones head would roll (not...
  15. spetrucco

Proper Venting 1st Fl Bathroom.

Hi, And thanks in advance this forum is great. Background: I am installing a new bathroom on the 1st floor. I already have a 3inch vent to the attic that nothing it tied in to. My waste line is directly below the proposed bathroom location and I have a basement below for adequate room...
  16. spetrucco

Tree Fungus?

Need some help on saving my tree. Not sure what kind it is but it has a fungus on its trunk and branches that seems to be causing its bark to fall off. Their are 6 of these trees on my block all the same age and this is the only one that is dwarfed an sick. Any help or suggestions on what I...
  17. spetrucco

Dishwasher plumbing

Do dishwashers have to be plummed into a garbage disposal? Can they be plumbed directly into the sink trap if you have no garbage disposal? Thanks in advance! -Shawn
  18. spetrucco

lavatory drain: need suggestions

Wall Clamps Tom, I run a lot of emt conduit inside buildings and use pipe clamps offset via all-thread that thread into wall clamps. This would require drilling a couple more holes in your nice tile work but would not require you to change your piping configuration. They may come in crome...
  19. spetrucco

Cost Estimate for Bathroom Rough-in

The quote was a fixed price from a gc. He said his plumber gives him a flat rate of $4,000 for a bathroom. (his plumber never even looked at the bathroom) As it turns out my neighbor is a retired plumber. He stopped over and gave me his 2 cents. He said it woul take him a 1.5 days to rough in...
  20. spetrucco

Cost Estimate for Bathroom Rough-in

Hello, I am putting in a bathroom on the first floor. I had a contractor in to price out the job. The bathroom is 5x6. I wanted him to quote me a number for the plumbing rough-in. He said any bathroom he does is $4,000 for the rough in (as long as it is typical). Here are some of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks