Search results

1. V

Whole House Humidifier

Installed a humidifier recently on our heat pump, with a propane furnace backup, and had problems. The solenoid that supplies water to the humidifier is 24V and there is no terminal in our HVAC system that will power this valve in both the heat pump and backup modes. Installed a sail...
  2. V

Diy Hvac

I learned that BTU calculations are going to be a best guess estimate. With leaky duct work, enclosed above a finished ceiling, there is no way to determine the loss. In our house 99% of the supply ducts are not visable and tearing down the drywall at this point is not an option...
  3. V

Diy Hvac

Jimbo the authorized distributors will not sell Goodman or others online but they will take phone orders for complete systems.I have located two out of state distributors that sell Goodman and Carrier. They file the warranty forms and process any warranty claims. If a local contractor...
  4. V

How often should

How often should UPDATE Both the main valve and pump circuit breaker were turned off Saturday evening...the gauge reading was exactly the same Sunday morning. This was a relief but the pipes valves and fixtures were checked several times and all looked OK. Knowing positively the leak had...
  5. V

Ethics Question

The IRS is focusing on trades that typically do not report income like this. If the mechanic is willing to provide his SS# with the understanding that he will receive a 1099 at the end of the year he may not be so willing to undercut his boss. Does the homeowner realize that they could be...
  6. V

Diy Hvac

Please tell me more. What brand did you install? Did you get a bid from a HVAC contractor before deciding on the DIY project? Amount saved? My brother-in-law (excellent mechanic but knows nothing about HVAC) intalled his AC system. He purchased the equipment from a local...
  7. V

Diy Hvac

I'm building an addition and acting as General Contractor. The County allows the homeowner to apply for permits and perform all of the work. I have the background and skills to install HVAC equipment and since there are a number of out of state wholesalers willing to perform the calculations...
  8. V

How often should

Thanks! I will close the main and monitor the pressure. BTW this is a submersible pump and it is the pressure switch that can be heard in the bedroom. Rick
  9. V

How often should

no water softener and the icemaker is not working.
  10. V

How often should

Bob this reads as if the pump should never run unless there is water useage. The pump solenoid can only be heard in the Master Bedroom. If the main is turned off and the pressure is moniored throughout the day should the gauge reading stay fixed at the usual 50psi? Rick
  11. V

How often should

a well pump run when there is no water useage? We just moved into a home with well and septic...do not know much about either so this is a perfect forum for us.:) The pump clicks on in the wee hours of the morning and runs for about a min or two. I hear it just a couple of times but it may...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks