Search results

1. Statjunk

Water Heater In-Line Pump

Ok this is turning into a mission. If I use a sump pump like a Zoeller, how can I hook it up to the tank if it sucks from the underside of the unit? Waiting a couple of hours for the tank to drain is not an option. Tom
  2. Statjunk

Ballvalve, You have a way with words. Reading what you write is like an informational roller coaster. LOL. Ok so let me get this straight. I buy the Zoeller. I can do this. Replace the valve on the water tank with a high quality made in America ball valve. I can do this if it isn't...
  3. Statjunk

I found this guy. He's made in America. I'm going to buy this one. Anyone object to the quality of this unit? Liberty Pumps 331 1/2-Horse Power Portable Transfer Pump Thanks Tom
  4. Statjunk

Dana, Thanks for the link. Now that I know the name of the pump I can do some research and find one. That one doesn't look to bad. Are these kinds of pumps affected by hot water coming out of the tank? If so how long would I have to let the tank sit idle before pumping it out? Thanks Tom
  5. Statjunk

Hello All, Do you guys know of a pump that can be hooked up to the drain of a hot water tank to pump the water out of a basement with no floor drain? Thanks Tom
  6. Statjunk

Water Softner - Unused for Winter

Because when I first arrived up there based on what you guys are telling me I need to re-generate the tank. While I'm waiting for the one tank to regenerate we can just deal with a little bit of hard water. Do I need to run the hot water tank empty too? Tom
  7. Statjunk

Thanks for the replies. No freezing is not a concern. What size are the tank? Not sure on that one. They are about chest high and like 10" in diameter. The hardness without the softener is 20 parts of hardness with trace iron. I was told that these style of control head can take anywhere...
  8. Statjunk

Hello, I have a twin tank style softener with mechanical head. If the unit sits unused for 3-4 maybe as much as 5 months, is there anything I need to worry about when I start to use it again? Only other thing I can think of is I'm on a private well. Thanks Tom
  9. Statjunk

All Over the Map Hot Water Heater Questions

Dana, I looked into that tank and man does it get bad reviews. Now I know there are always going to be bad reviews for things but the consistency was scary. There is no way I'd take a chance on that system. With the bad customer service to boot I'm not sure why anyone would. Honestly they...
  10. Statjunk

I'm starting to question how many of you guys are really plumbers.... Diplomats maybe.... Great read btw. I'm an isolated American that doesn't know anything about the rest of the world. Typical, sadly. Back to the follow up question I asked does anyone know of some kind of inline pump I...
  11. Statjunk

One more thing guys, have you ever heard of some kind of a pump that I could hook up directly to a hot water tank that would allow me to pump the water right out of the tank? There are no drains in the basement. Thanks Tom
  12. Statjunk

You guys are awesome. Little more on the cabin. It's 1455 sqft with two full baths. One has a two person sized standing shower but only one head and the other has a tub. It has a washer and dryer and water on the fridge door. The only roughing it is outside the cabin. LOL. Dana...
  13. Statjunk

I'll have to wait to get the bills for the electric and gas. Honestly I'm real bad at record keeping. I will supply that info when I have it. How soft is the water? Not 100% sure but I have the unit set to cycle at 800 gallons and my incoming hardness is 20ppm. The water feels very soft...
  14. Statjunk

After reading the feed back on my "cold water heater" and discussing with friends I think I'm going to stick with electric. The only issue that I'd like to understand is the issue with anode. How quick could we be talking here? Every two years? A supply house near me only stocks tanks with...
  15. Statjunk

Hey guys, Well I'm in the planning phase of a new hot water heater for an up north cabin. Right now there is a 5 year old electric water heater in there and I'm planning on switching it over to gas for the cost savings. Having visited this board for many years my plan was to purchase a...
  16. Statjunk

Proper Size Gas Pipe to Dryer?

Thanks guys. I really appreciate the info. The dryer states on it that it's 22,500 BTU. So a 10' run of 1/2" OD - 3/8" ID should do the trick. Anyone care to guess what I'll be doing this weekend? Tom
  17. Statjunk

Kholer Medicine Cabinet - Flush Mount - Hinges

Just thought I'd throw this out to the group. If you have the Kohler Medicine Cabinet. The real fancy ones that are all mirror, inside and out, they carry a lifetime warranty. The hinges in the original models are made out of some plastic parts on the inside of the hinge. They can break...
  18. Statjunk

Hey Jimbo, Any idea what 3/8" ID supports? It's a 10' run. Thanks Tom
  19. Statjunk

Hello All, It's been a while since I've been on here. I hope that most everyone is still on here. Feels like it's been a year or so since I've been on here. In that time I've gotten married, had a son, folded my contracting business, got laid off from my day job, found another day job...
  20. Statjunk

What should I do with this ceiling.

Use Kills primer in just that area and then repaint. It has to be a stain blocking primer. Tom
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks