Search results

1. D

Shower drain - order of events

It is probably 4 feet from the trap to the next connection. That's a good point about the slope to the connection. Sounds like I should figure out what the height of the pipe coming out of the trap should be relative to the next connection and then brace the pipe so that it has less/no...
  2. D

Here's what I am doing: I am doing travertine in a "pinwheel pattern" where you have 1X2 tiles around a 1x1 on a peice of mesh. I plan to do something very similar to the illustration in the Oatey document linked in my original post. So above the subfloor will be preslope, fiberglass or...
  3. D

I am redoing my shower stall. I tore out all of the cultured marble. I cut out the old drain and the all of the water-damaged plywood that was underneath and around the shower stall. I have bought a Oatey adjustable drain for tile and pan. It is a PVC unit that solvent welds to the drain...
  4. D

I thought PVC was easy...

"and if it doesn't leak now..." That's my other problem. When I did this for my pool plumbing, I hooked it all up, thew on the motor and knew it was good. I also had the comfort of working outside and above ground, so any future problems would be easy enough to spot and repair without much...
  5. D

Thanks for the information. I used the blue glue because a plumber that I knew said it was easier to work with. Perhaps I gave that advice more credit than it was worth. I used the pressurized version of the coupler because the drain version was so much shorter and when I did my first...
  6. D

Maybe this picture is better.
  7. D

I did some pvc work once before on my pool equipment and it was so easy. So, now that I needed some PVC work done on a shower drain for a remodel, I thought that it would be no problem. I was removing the old shower drain and wanted to add a new one. I cut the 2" drain pipe between the trap...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks