Search results

1. mwinnick

changing polished brass tub fixtures

Jacuzzi Replacement Parts I have a Jacuzzi with a Waterfall Rainbow spout. It was Polished Brass and I changed it to Brushed Nickel. Jacuzzi has a web site with replacement pats and a distributor, Manatron Diagnostics (I used the one in Plano) carries most of them or can order it. In my case...
  2. mwinnick

Proper Vinyl Pan Install

My plumber installed the vinyl shower pan. After I noticed that the bottom is not all flat on the floor but rounded at the inside corners, so the pan is really shaped like a bowl. If you try to push in at the bottom near the burb you cannot get the vinyl to touch the floor. In some places the...
  3. mwinnick

New Pan Installed

I'm redoing my shower. Everything was torn out and rebuilt and the plumber has reinstalled a liner for the pan. But, the liner was laid right over the concrete slab and fastened to the drain, and up the sides. My question is this. The plumber says I don't need a pre-slope mud bed put in first...
  4. mwinnick

Shower Floor Leak Inside

Shower Leaks Inside - Pictures I just thought of posting some pictures to show what I've been talking about. Shower-00001 gives you an idea of the shape of the floor. Shower-00002 shows one corner of the shower with the lower 4" marble removed. You can see the floor piece and the pan...
  5. mwinnick

Shower Floor Leak Inside

Shower Leaks Inside After reading all the replies something just clicked. I've noticed that the caulk that leaks only leaks mainly leaks only on two of the six edges of the floor. Both edges are in one corner of the floor. The floor is sort of hexagonal in shape. So it occurs to me that this is...
  6. mwinnick

Shower Floor Leak Inside

Shower Leaks Inside Your post makes, unfortunately, 100% sense. I've looked at the pictures I took when it was built. I can see the framing, and I can see the pan stuff going up the sides a bit and around the framing. I did not take any pictures of them actually doing the pan, but the picture...
  7. mwinnick

Shower Floor Leak Inside

Shower Leak Inside Thanks for the info. I have pictures I took when the house was built. The shower was framed and a liner installed. Then they filled the liner with mud. Then they placed a floor, not made of cultured marble, but something that was white, pebbled or so, that covered the entire...
  8. mwinnick

Shower Floor Leak Inside

I have a cultured marble shower. The floor is a solid piece. I have caulked the floor edges all around a number of times and unless I am just not doing it right after a few months, or sometimes a few weeks water comes out from under the caulked area (I use Silicone II). Nothing leaks outside the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks