Search results

1. Ally68

Checking Water pressure

I am installing an expansion tank with my new water heater. To get a static reading of my water pressure I got a watts pressure gauge. My question is can I just screw it on to the hose connector on bottom of water heater or do I have to use and outside hose connector (cold outside). and do I...
  2. Ally68

question for gary(water softner guy)

I just got a new softner installed fleck 5600. Guy installed it and it regenerated once. I noticed in the drain were it drains some media I think(little orange red balls very tiny) is this just flushed out from the first recharge? or from when he backwashed it upon installation? Water feels...
  3. Ally68

water softner

My water softner (sears 10 years old) Is dieing being replaced next sat with a fleck. It does not rechage very good and the brine well fills with water after a while not to the top just untill the fill float floats. Water is really hard now can not wait untill next sat. Anyway I have also...
  4. Ally68

O/T dryer queston

Not sure if you guys can help or not putting new hoses on washer and want to put new vent tubing on dryer. Here is my problem. my vent is only like 1 foot from my dryer outlet but about 2 inches lower and 6-10 inches to the right. What I have on ther now is a metal acordian style tube about...
  5. Ally68

Another water softner question

I have a kenmore demand recharge systems. I have been watching its rechagring. Most times during the day sometime it will say recharge tonite. But sometimes I check it before bed it says nothing then the next morning it has recharged I can tell by the salt usage and sometimes I will wake up...
  6. Ally68

Water softner question 2

My softner seems to be regenerating fine now have done two manual and one overnite. My question is the water still feels some what hard I mean soap and stuff lathering good but still kind of sticky ya know. I know it is somewhat soft or the soap would not lather good. I am sure it as...
  7. Ally68

water softner question (Gary)

First off I have a kenmore water softner I know they suck but have had it for 10 years. My first question is mine was not regenrating right not filling enuf or draining enuf turned out to be dirt in the venture valve. works fine now. My question is are all the cycles on the regeration...
  8. Ally68

water heater question

How would you know if one of your elements was bad in dual element water heater? no hot water? Not as much hot water? Or not as hot water? Or will the other one work twice as hard and you will not notice? Thanks
  9. Ally68

off topic questions

we had bad storm last night. I was in the basement and heard a loud pop thought lightning had goten something. The power did not go out and no breakers blown. So not sure what is was sounded like it came from water heater or heat pump. I thought maybe the heatpump had like an emergency cut...
  10. Ally68

water heater question

I have a softner before my water heater. And I have had mixed opions about the need to drain sediment out of my water heater. Some say yes other plumbers have said it is not worth the trouble as it will not last much longer than 10 years with softned water. Since there is not much sediment...
  11. Ally68

Another Washing machine hose question

Went to The dreaded lowes and they sell this kit made by gunk I like the 90 degree elbows is about 13.00 dollars 5 year warranty let me know if you guys think these are ok. Washer hose
  12. Ally68

Washing machine hoses

Almost time for me to change my washing machine hoses looking for some good hose. I have read that the braided onse are not much better than the rubber ones but I ran across these. FloodCheck Hose Any one use these or have any thoughts about them or washer hoses in general. Thanks...
  13. Ally68

vacation question

If I shut off my water heater for a week or so is there anything special I should do to it? And when I restart it anything special then? Thanks just getting ready for vacation.
  14. Ally68

question

I have a closed system PRV no bypass and no expansion tank my water is about 50psi goes up to about 85 during heating cycle then back down to 50. Here is my question I was going to work on a line down from water heater so I shut the inlet at the water heater but did not star on pipe for A...
  15. Ally68

toilet problem

I have two toilets one we use more than the other, about 7 years old, one of them now seems to not flush all the stuff down very well still works just seems not as forcefull as the other one? What is the usual cause of this? Thanks.
  16. Ally68

water pressure guage

To check my pressure I connect my guage at the bottom of the water heater. My question is will it read the same there as on an outside outlet? Or does it not matter at all?
  17. Ally68

expansion tank question

If my PRV is broken and lets my incoming presure rise to around 110psi will that cause my expansion tank to fail also as it will just fill up with water and then pressurise the whole system to 110 then open my t&p valve when the water heats? Also I have no expansion tank and my system is...
  18. Ally68

hypothetical question

If you have a major malfunction in your water heater like elements not stopping heating or such. And your T&P valve fails an expansion tank will not prevent your water heater from exploding right because the build up of pressure will overtake the expansion tank also? Just wondering.
  19. Ally68

plumber question

I just had my PRV replaced by a plumber. my main is PVC, the joint were the pvc screws into the brass fitting on the PRV has a slow leak and I mean slow about one drip in about 12 hours he came and looked at it and said the lime will seal it in a week or so and it would be better to let it seal...
  20. Ally68

pvc threads

I have to thread a PVC into a brass fitting for my main to RPR valve should I use tape and putty or one or the other I was told to tape the PVC threads (male) and putty the inside of the brass fiting(female). Thanks
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks