Search results

1. Basement_Lurker

A rare look at wood sewer pipe

I took a pic of one of the few old wooden sewer/storm drain pipes still in use today....anywhere! Perhaps some of you will find it as interesting as I do...perhaps not. I saw a display of this stuff when I did a tour of the water services system for my city, but it was very interesting to...
  2. Basement_Lurker

Is there a problem with the forum?

I can't seem to send any private messages for some reason, it just keeps saying that I don't have permission. Is there something wrong with the forum?
  3. Basement_Lurker

Plumbing in Japan is bizzare, if not interesting!

I just got back from a nice trip to Japan. What a fascinating place! While most people look at the county in terms of flashy lights, temples, and skyscrapers! I couldn't help but take notice of their building practices....and all I can say is that I am glad to be back in good ol' North...
  4. Basement_Lurker

Venting multiple bathroom exhaust fans

I know the question of venting multiple fans through one vent has been asked many a time, and I have read the posts, but I still have a few questions that hopefully someone can help me with: I know that using an in-line fan to vent multiple locations while only penetrating the roof once is...
  5. Basement_Lurker

Vacuum relief valve placement on bottom feed water heater

I have an odd question which I hope someone will have the knowledge and experience to answer: I am installing a bottom feed water heater, so the cold inlet is at the bottom of the tank instead of the top. The part I am scratching my head over is the placement of the vacuum relief valve...
  6. Basement_Lurker

Nice low-flow toilet comparision chart

I found this report on a number of low flow toilets and it seemed to be fairly extensively done and it encompasses a number of different makes/models: http://www.crd.bc.ca/water/conservation/household/toilets/documents/MaP_10th_Edition.pdf
  7. Basement_Lurker

Optimal placement of a dishwasher wye?

I know that there is a tailpiece fitting with a dishwasher spigot together as one unit, but I have always plumbed a kitchen sink in an end outlet configuration, and if there was a dishwasher to be installed, I have used an appliance wye under the tee of the end outlet configuration and before...
  8. Basement_Lurker

Double quarter (1/4) bend?

I have a question about using a double quarter bend when hooking up a kitchen sink (you know...where the drains for each of the two sinks meets in the middle and then drops down into the p-trap via the double quarter bend). I have known about this type of installation of a kitchen sink drain...
  9. Basement_Lurker

Has anyone used the new ridgid pex crimp tools?

I am wondering if anyone has used the new ridgid pex crimp tools? They apparently are lighter, require less force to use, and are shorter than most or the others on the market. I have a full set, but my 1" crimper is almost 2Ft long! It would be great to get the ridgid 1" crimper since it...
  10. Basement_Lurker

Aluminum pigtails from certain fixtures

Why do some fixtures come with what appears to be stranded aluminum? The instructions says it is to be used in copper installations (it's a leviton timing switch). The leads coming from the switch look like stranded aluminum, and I have seen this on some lighting fixtures as well. So my...
  11. Basement_Lurker

Anyone have any experience with Black Box Network Services' products?

Does anyone have any experiences with Black Box's cat5e and rg6 cable products? thx
  12. Basement_Lurker

Advice on trap arm length

I am allowed to have a trap arm run of about 8' in 2", but my trap arm needs to be 10' to allow the sink to be placed where I want. Would you guys just go ahead and do it or would you try to plumb in a relief vent somewhere along the trap arm to offset any possibility of a venting issue? I...
  13. Basement_Lurker

Moen posi-temp shower valve

I have been looking at Moen's Villeta Posi-Temp shower trim, and I am trying to find a shower-only valve, but I can't seem to find one. The lady with Moen's customer support wasn't any help, so I am just wondering if I have to use a tub/shower valve and manually cap it off for a shower-only...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks