Search results

1. lukecanaan

Can't reach Valve stem nut

can do. thanks again! Luke
  2. lukecanaan

Caulk Honestly, I wondered about that exact thing. Glad you mentioned it. Even though I didn't repack it, the caulk from before is still there. I'm going to go ahead and remove it then. Thanks for confirming my suspicion. Just to be sure, we are talking about around the sleeve and coupling...
  3. lukecanaan

Eureka! Well I purchased a kit and replaced the seats, stems, sleeves and handles for about $50. I figure what I learned in the process is worth at least that much to me anyway. Thanks for your help. It looks great! You guys rock.
  4. lukecanaan

Well the splines on the end of the stem are worn down and the adapter with the three Allen type screws that holds the faucet handle just spin freely and don't grip it. I tried replacing just the adapter first, but to no avail. I don't know if the stem is stuck inside the sleeve due to...
  5. lukecanaan

Thanks, Eric. There was some rubber-like adhesive behind the sleeve holding it in place. I did get the sleeve off but the stem is still stuck inside it. I'm thinking the best thing is to try and replace all of it and not even bother trying to pull it out. Here's what I have now: In theory...
  6. lukecanaan

Hi all, I'm new here and have a dilemma. I am trying to replace the valve stems in my 2 handled tub shower. There is a pipe (or housing) that extends around the valve stem from the wall. I have a socket (21/32 - 27/32). The 21/32 end fits down the pipe but not over the nut and the 27/32 end...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks