Search results

1. B

bathroom sink chipped drainhole

there is a chip in the circle hole where the drain connects under my lav sink. this is causing the rubber gasket to leak i believe. is there a patch or other fix for this or do i need a new basin. house going on market mon - quick replies appreciated.
  2. B

Shutting down the house question - in a hurry

All: Relocating to another state - I live in upstate NY, very cold and snowy. Will be gone for a month before coming back to square away house for the market. I intend to leave the power on, primarily for minimal heat and security lighting, so my question is: if I shut off the water...
  3. B

Bend in pipes vs clog - now what?

Cost? Any idea what that would run, assuming the pipe runs under the floor directly to the stack somehow (nothing else is backing up) - maybe 25" of pipe? Is that a DIY job, assuming I don't mind cutting up my floor?
  4. B

Bend in pipes vs clog - now what?

Argh- Trying to snake a nondraining bathroom sink. Used a 25' hand auger yesterday - did not get far. Purchased a 20' auger today to connect to my drill - getting further, but when I encounter resistance, most of what I get is the snake kinking on me and pinching my gloves. I'm snaking for...
  5. B

Best snake for bathroom drain

I have stubborn drains on both lav sink and tub - bought a 25' hand snake today, cranked the heck out of it on the sink - still no good. Got maybe 6-8' inside the pipe under the floor, still getting resistance (and a sore shoulder). Tried baking soda and vinegar - got a good show, but it sat in...
  6. B

New people; new approaches.

Grumps: I only call companies that offer free estimates - that way I'm not wasting their time. My assumption is that they are paid by a company and therefore, paid for their time. If I feel that I'll get my $$$ worth by you, then I'll go with an experienced plumber. However, as a working...
  7. B

New people; new approaches.

As a novice guy to plumbing, a home owner, and not an idiot... I posted a problem the other day, and got some advice from one person here. I also consulted a plumber who quoted me the job, but I discussed with him the advice I was given here. I feel 50% confident I could do this myself...
  8. B

Replacing a stretch of galvanized that has 3 problems

photos of problem In case anyone is interested, here are the pics of the problems - thanks for the advice, jadanashua (I grew up in Jaffrey). I'm getting a quote tomorrow just in case, but if I undertake this effort, I'm sure I'll have more questions.
  9. B

Replacing a stretch of galvanized that has 3 problems

Recently replaced my leaky washing machine with a non-leaky one. Here's the problem(s): From left to right along the back wall: hot and cold copper supply into left side of a silver tee, each tee has a gate valve to control supply to washing machine. Hot water handle on gate valve snapped...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks