Search results

1. Kiril

2 stations not working on my Rainbird system

Take your volt meter and check the voltage at the solenoid when the valve is activated. Rainbird has a good Multimeter Operation guide you can use as a reference. While that solenoid looks like it will work, the fact the it has a captive armature and the original does not may be enough to keep...
  2. Kiril

Weathermatic 1600 confusion

I am out of suggestions. You have pretty much done everything you can to get the system running again, which leaves you with only one logical conclusion ... the controller went bad. Power surges can damage irrigation controllers, so it is quite possible something happened during one of those...
  3. Kiril

Try hooking up one of your valves to the master valve port, run the diagnostic test to clear the error, then switch it back. Also verify the valves operation by using the test screw and it wouldn't hurt to write down the reported voltages when running the diagnostic. I was also referring to...
  4. Kiril

Yes it does matter. What is the make and model of the valves you have (pics)? What type of solenoid did you purchase? What is the make and model of your controller (& pics of zone wiring)? Do you have a voltmeter?
  5. Kiril

CAFI and GFCI Breakers

I don't think you read the paper, and even if it was about aircraft systems, I believe electricity operates the same in an aircraft as it does in a house. See section 4.0 ARC RECOGNITION IN AN AC NETWORK In order to validate the arc recognition approach, experiments were carried out using a...
  6. Kiril

CAFI and GFCI Breakers

Perhaps this will shed some light on what I'm referring to. Arc Fault Detection Through Model Reference Estimation I'm not to the housing. The UPB switches and some receptacles are part of the "home automation" system. Simply Automated If anyone has any experience with the above...
  7. Kiril

OH, The Horror. :eek: I don't know about your area, but there is nothing about that setup that would pass a code inspection in my region. The wiring looks "ok" as long as the common is going where it looks like it is going. Hit the reset again (see page 21 section 7.1 of your manual) and...
  8. Kiril

CAFI and GFCI Breakers

Right, I understand this. CA is currently using 2002 NEC far as I know, so any use of CAFI would be optional. I'm assuming you mean ground fault for personnel protection? It also might help to know that I am going to be using UPB for home automation, and I believe these devices are rather...
  9. Kiril

CAFI and GFCI Breakers

I checked the link in two different browsers and it works for me? You can look on page B-10 (pg 30 of pdf) of the Leviton L-101 Catalog Edit: Doh, your right it is not a GFCI. :( Change that number to 7899-L (B-15 pg 35 in the above pdf) which is commercial grade. And the correct link on the...
  10. Kiril

CAFI and GFCI Breakers

What would you suggest then for a commercial grade GFCI? BTW the model number was taken from this site I wasn't aware that a GFCI receptacle and a GFCI breaker are built the same. Plus, when you lose power in a room, where do look first? Yes, and hence the problem with combined protection...
  11. Kiril

CAFI and GFCI Breakers

Since I'm using Square-D those are not an option, and the Eaton ones I looked at are not combination AFCI far as I can tell. Can you provide a source for a $12 leviton 16362-HG? I don't like having one GFCI receptacle controlling multiple receptacles. I am viewing the "circuit" with respect...
  12. Kiril

The solenoid wiring is connected to it. While your there you should make sure it is wired correctly.
  13. Kiril

CAFI and GFCI Breakers

I was referring to using one GFCI receptacle to protect downstream receptacles.
  14. Kiril

Check to see if the pups used the zone field wiring as a chew toy. :) This is typical behavior of all screw type solenoids (eg. manual activation)
  15. Kiril

CAFI and GFCI Breakers

A CAFI breaker instead of a CAFI breaker + GFCI receptacles. 1) To get both equipment and personnel protection on the entire circuit. This would be mostly for kitchen, bathrooms, garage. A high quality GFCI is going to set me back more than $12, and I personally don't care for feed through...
  16. Kiril

It would help if you could post a pic of the wiring. If you don't have a master valve (need to verify), then there should be no wiring to the master valve/pump terminal in the controller. First you should remove all the power from the controller (including the battery) for about 5 minutes...
  17. Kiril

2nd sprinkler meter

Some cities charge different rates for landscape water. If the city supports this type of rate structure, and you irrigate your landscape, it is in your best interest to put a second meter in.
  18. Kiril

CAFI and GFCI Breakers

So residential requires Class A protection? There goes my cheap(er) solution. :(
  19. Kiril

CAFI and GFCI Breakers

CAFI = Combination Arc-Fault Circuit Interrupters Square D CAFI Note the bold text. Combination Arc-Fault Circuit Interrupters (CAFIs) expands the protection and safety that a circuit breaker provides within the home and, more specifically, help reduce the risk of electrical fires. The...
  20. Kiril

2nd sprinkler meter

POC -> backflow protection -> meter -> then to all your service points. Check with your local water purveyor to be sure your meeting any local codes.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks