Search results

1. M

Dryer wiring = no heat.

Yes, it is. Is it as bad as he was making it out to be? He seemed to really hate the current set up.
  2. M

Dryer wiring = no heat.

From what I know he is licensed. He talked about getting all of the permits, and then having the city come out and check the work.
  3. M

Dryer wiring = no heat.

I agree with you. I'm naturally distrustful of people that seem to be offering you a fantastic price. Buyer beware and all. But in his defense, he told me exactly what he was going to do, and told me to write it down and tell that to anyone else I call to get a quote. He said it was a 150 amp...
  4. M

Dryer wiring = no heat.

Sure enough. I could have checked, but assuming I would have found that, I still would have had no idea how to fix it. Hence the electrician. He basically confirmed what I assumed was the issue, and fixed what I had no idea how to fix.
  5. M

Dryer wiring = no heat.

Well, I finally got an electrician out there, and he told me I had the breaker only tied into 1 leg. Took him about 2 minutes to fix. He also offered to do a "service change" and rewire my conduit to the basement (apparently me and my dad made a bags of it) for 1300 bucks. Told me that...
  6. M

Dryer wiring = no heat.

Unfortunately I am still at work, but I will check that out when I get home. I had another question, but it will depend on what I find when I get home, so I'll save it. :)
  7. M

Dryer wiring = no heat.

Did a search for this, but didn't find anything. Sorry if I missed something. Recently bought a house that was built in 1958. My father and I ran a wire to the basement for a new dryer that is replacing the gas fired one that was there previously. Added a 30amp double pole breaker, and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks