Search results

1. GrumpyPlumber

The 1 in a million?

Licensed Plumber here, while I definitely relate to your frustration, last I checked, my license doesn't cover profanely insulting someone I don't agree with. Your response implies he has no right to reply or speculate at all. .
  2. GrumpyPlumber

Does toilet trapway size matter?

I've always been an American Standard groupie, the debate about trap diameter above illustrates that the 2-1/8" trap is better for velocity, but also yields a better siphon (suction). Their new toilets also have "Vormax" bowls, instead of a rim with small holes it uses a single injector that...
  3. GrumpyPlumber

Schedule 80 Pipe in place of Cast Iron

Sched 80 also won't be soundproof. In my state we cannot place PVC between cast iron on the vertical for the fact that PVC swells 3/8" per 10' when heated 100 degrees and can gradually loosen old lead/oakum joints.
  4. GrumpyPlumber

Tankless Water heater problem

Many current recirc's have a built in timer that detect periods of heaviest use, this may be the problem, you might be using the kitchen at periods the recirc's not cycling.
  5. GrumpyPlumber

will Rear Outlet floor standing work here or do we have to Wall Hang?

No "shelves", thankfully, I think those are old school in Germany now, though I'm sure they're still present in private residences.
  6. GrumpyPlumber

How to fix water main supply line

As a licensed plumber, I'll reiterate what the two above state about the price, it's not that high relative to the time/material involved. That aside, it's possible the wet is condensate, exposed water pipes have the "coke can" effect, when running cold water inside they collect condensate...
  7. GrumpyPlumber

will Rear Outlet floor standing work here or do we have to Wall Hang?

Went to Germany for the holidays, every toilet I saw was either Geberit or Duravit, I've installed them here and they're great. That said, I also do a lot of toilet repairs, if/when the time comes to service one of these, rut roh, the parts aren't easily found at Home D or Lowes. In America, I...
  8. GrumpyPlumber

These Asian bot-takeover posts.

I dunno, Ryan Reynolds might disagree....
  9. GrumpyPlumber

Really could use a little help

Late to this, lost my wife almost 3 years ago, heart goes out to you.
  10. GrumpyPlumber

recommendation for single handle bathroom faucet with long handle and spout?

Go to any major brand's website and you'll find what you seek. Kohler, Delta, American Standard, Moen all have a wide variety of sizes, shapes and configurations.
  11. GrumpyPlumber

Cap off 1/2" non-threaded galvanized water pipe

Barring Reach's suggestion, I can only suggest a dresser.
  12. GrumpyPlumber

Old Single Knob Shower Replacement Help

Also, check inside the cylinder after the cartridge's out, sometimes the O-rings break off inside and can lodge in the ports.
  13. GrumpyPlumber

Galvanized pipe and Partial Pex A replacement

No reason at all PEX will effect the galvy, that said, get rid of as much of the galvy you can, it is one of the worst materials ever used for water or drainage and at 60+ years you're on borrowed time.
  14. GrumpyPlumber

Navien Combi not heating enough

Navien's have a user friendly digital panel that allows you to check and set output temps, it should be set to at least 170 in NY, it's possible the boiler's operating at a lower temp, if so, move it up. You should have the I/O manual, usually installers tape it to the side, use it to ensure...
  15. GrumpyPlumber

Gas boiler: low flame, water temp low

I'd suggest getting a licensed/insured plumber, gas boilers aren't a good idea to DIY, and by description this may be the gas valve.
  16. GrumpyPlumber

Boiler losing pressure when cooling down, then overpressurize during heat cycle

There are tons of projects that are safe to DIY, just not boilers. The "bubble" sound as described is concerning but likely a need to flush zones, that aside, I'd have a licensed gas fitter, HVAC or plumber take a look at, you'll sleep better at night.
  17. GrumpyPlumber

When faucets are hard to find….

I hear your frustration and know it all too well. Taking the time to search for stems/cartridges to a $20 faucet installed 2 years ago, explaining to the customer that, for the price of my labor/time they're better off installing a recognized name, and, hearing "I'll call you back". Or, sight...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks