Search results

1. Construct30

Forward, Reverse, Motor, 3 Locations

I have a motor, on a hoist, if you power one wire, 110 AC, it goes one way, if you power the other wire it goes the other way. Can I use four way switches to control it from three locations? If so Can someone give me a wiring diagram? Is there a place on line I could buy a low voltage switch...
  2. Construct30

Sometimes you just gotta make it work...

You can do work on you own house in PA, but it still has to pass code. Any one doing it for money must be registered, this includes any home improvement contractor, plumbers, landscapers, pavers, painters, ect. The way the law reads it can even be a felony for not getting the job done on time...
  3. Construct30

Where I live you don't need permits for small repairs, but dumping gray water after the septic tank will get you in big trouble. As of July 1 doing a job over $500 without the proper contract and a registration number could land you in jail in PA.
  4. Construct30

What about paying the fine when you get caught? In PA it is only a matter of time and someone will turn you in.
  5. Construct30

Recessed light trim will not stay tight to ceiling

Glue is not a good idea. You need to be able to remove them later if you need to. If they are a good light then you are doing something wrong. I would reread the instructions and figure it out. If you bought them at a lighting store and not a cheap box store then go back and ask them how they...
  6. Construct30

Don't quit the day job!

People watch those shows then want what they see, a person can waste a lot of time doing estimates for poor people wanting that expensive stuff. They really do make people have unrealistic goals... time, money and what is and isn't possible for people on a tight budget.
  7. Construct30

Ice water box valve repair or replace

Search IPS ice maker box and you will find the same box and can maybe find a valve. Here is their website http://www.ipscorp.com/guygray/index.shtml The valve you show looks like a 1/2" compression valve not right.
  8. Construct30

I got into one of those from a box store once that looked like that and it had some kind of flare type nut so it could turn. I think it was that way because the front of the valve wouldn't clear the back of the box to turn it. I would not bet on that being a threaded valve from a picture. This...
  9. Construct30

Another Delta drain install question

The watts ones open better than half so in my book close to 3/4. If you lengthen the linkage it makes the plug drop. Unless I miss unstand what you are saying. Longer is dropping the plug, shorter is raising the plug. What did I miss?
  10. Construct30

Recessed Lights and Insulation

We cover every light box and hole before blowing cellulose in an attic. I blew cellulose in houses for years and have it in my own house. I wish I didn't. The dust will find every way it can into your living space and regardless of what they say some people are allergic to the dust. Do a search...
  11. Construct30

Caulk or grout?

I just caulk them. The grout will still crack under the caulk and could lead to the caulk coming loose. Use clear vinegar to get the black haze off the tile when you use black grout, it works wonders.
  12. Construct30

Stock Market on Inauguration day......

I hope they all surprise me and do really great things for our country. I don't put a lot of stock in what any politician says. I have no wealth, only debt and I'll gladly share it! I should make that my signature.
  13. Construct30

Another Delta drain install question

I like the lift and turn or toe trip style tub drains, less to adjust and nothing to get gummed up and cause problems later that you can't see or get to. Usually they adjust as much as you need it to. What is the delta model number and what kind of tub? It should unplug about 3/4 of the pipe...
  14. Construct30

Basement backed up.. desperately need advice my wife is going to kill me

The short answer is call a pro if you have no experience. Unless you really pick things up quick and like learning new things. It will take a lot to learn from nothing how to do this let alone it can be dangerous if not done properly. Depending on where you live it might require a permit...
  15. Construct30

You have to turn off the water to fix or replace that valve, you can just lossen the nut below the valve, but then you need the exact same style, maybe even brand of valve to replace it. Be prepared to cut into the wall and redo the box and then give it a go at fixing the valve, or call in a...
  16. Construct30

Basement backed up.. desperately need advice my wife is going to kill me

I would get some one to clean it with a camera and locator. If it does go into the perimeter drain or french drain as we call it here, I would get it figured out. If that drain is plugged it could cause other problems and still needs to be fixed.
  17. Construct30

Can I get a P-trap

I wonder if the drain in the wall was vented properly. Why was it "capped" off, some illegal remodel? BTW I wouldn't use the spring loaded terminals on the outlets anyway, use the screws.
  18. Construct30

Can I get a P-trap

Pro supply houses also sell items that do not comply with code. Older houses are like older cars, they are out of date and some times need items that you would never use today. Maybe we should just junk all the old cars and tear down all the old houses and make everyone buy new every four years...
  19. Construct30

Vanity pop-up drain seal leak

Took one out a few weeks ago that I put in myself with 100% silicone. It was a cultured marble sink with a brass drain assembly. The sink was broken. I loosened the nut on the bottom wobbled the drain from under a little, came right out. Unscrewed the flange the silicone came off it just by...
  20. Construct30

Vent Stack vs. Stack Vent

IRC says you can not glue different types of plastic pipe for that reason.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks