Search results

1. Melissa2007B

Best tankless?

As mentioned, we have a sealed 4' crawl space, with plastic sheet on the ground, and PEX. Dark with spider webs. I post on NextDoor for ANYTHING down there & NO ONE answers. Of course NextDoor is mostly whiners anyway. But I'm wondering if we could get someone to put black insulating pipe foam...
  2. Melissa2007B

Best tankless?

I'm googling & it looks like gas water heaters ( outdoor?) , and yes - crazy expensive ( already got a mortgage LOL.) 199,000 btu?!
  3. Melissa2007B

Best tankless?

During the shower, the hot water gets mixed with icy replacement water from snow melt, plus the ~110 ft run from the water heater in the PEX, cools it too. ( house is 80 ft x 30 ft & that shower is on the opposite side from the water heater ) Turning it up too high starts eroding the tank. We...
  4. Melissa2007B

Best tankless?

The problem isn't the gallons. We're in west Denver & get our water from snow melt. ( reservoirs ) It warms up some in the summer but in the winter it's icy. All year around, we can drink cold water without ice.
  5. Melissa2007B

Best tankless?

Cant do that then.
  6. Melissa2007B

Best tankless?

2 things have been keeping us from doing this. What you're saying is prohibitively expensive ( could cost $2000? Would need a plumber and electrician? ) , and we cant find anyone to do it.
  7. Melissa2007B

Best tankless?

It's about 80 ft from the gas water heater & electrical feed into the house, to the furthest bathroom, so if Jennifer showers down there, she can use up all the hot water before the shower is done. ( house is PEX, 4 ft sealed crawl space ) What's a good instant tankless water heater that won't...
  8. Melissa2007B

Terry Love- cancer update

I haven't been in here in a long time, and am very sorry.
  9. Melissa2007B

Point of use water heater?

This is Denver, so maybe 35 degree water ( snow melt ) and enough for a shower or kitchen sink.
  10. Melissa2007B

Point of use water heater?

West Denver burb. We have a modular house that's about 80' x 60', and want a point of use water heater in the shower at the furthest end, and the kitchen sink. What brand is good? Looks like they don't cost that much for the unit, but the ELECTRICIAN cost could kill this. We have PEX in the...
  11. Melissa2007B

Figuring out a "point of use" water heater for my Aprilaire 360 humidifier

Thanks Jim, but I have a leg injury and cant do crawl space, and we don't want hot water in the cold lines. Wouldnt that flush the toilets with hot water? Anyway, I WISH plumbers cost that in the Denver area. LOL And I'm not even sure how this pex stuff runs. If it's a loop or just a main line...
  12. Melissa2007B

Just realized that the humidistat will have to be done by a HVAC person, and the HW loop and pump will have to be done by a plumber. What's the best way to find an individual licensed plumber in the Denver area, WITHOUT going to one of those rooter places that offer them? They get $600 or MORE...
  13. Melissa2007B

We had an IR camera eval of the house, and they sealed it up fine, years ago. :-) The water heater is on one end, and the house is 80 feet long and 30 wide, so it takes awhile. The water pressure is also diminished at the far end. Great point. Good point, and thanks. And we could insulate...
  14. Melissa2007B

No actually, the cold comes in the bottom, and the hot goes outa the top. But thanks. :-)
  15. Melissa2007B

I cant tell. From years of allergies, my sense of smell is partially kaput. I can barely smell my own sh@t.
  16. Melissa2007B

No, our water comes from mountain rain and snow runoff and has VERY low mineral content. It happens because the trickle of hot water from the top of the water heater brings cold water into the bottom and triggers the burner, but very little hot is getting used. I asked about it here, years ago...
  17. Melissa2007B

It's been very clearly illustrated over the years. The humidifier runs for about a half hour, then the water comes out of the tap at WAY hotter temp than the 117 degrees I set the water heater at. And then later, we see black water coming out, when starting to run hot water for a shower. If I...
  18. Melissa2007B

Thanks jadnashua! I'm going to schedule someone to evaluate this. The loop sounds great, but this is a modular house that was built in 2004 and has pex lines, so I don't know if they're even insulated. Plus the stupid plastic sheeting that was left under there, by the crook builder. ( long story...
  19. Melissa2007B

https://smile.amazon.com/Bosch-Electric-Mini-Tank-Heater-2-5-Gallon/dp/B0148O658Y/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=point+water+heater&qid=1597901782&sr=8-2
  20. Melissa2007B

I've heard that's a huge waste of heat under the house - especially with central AC?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks