Search results

1. stanleon

Check valve for recirculating hot water

ok hj ; your last input makes the most sense to me! Now I need to know how to test the faucets? I have several single handle moen faucets in showers,baths and laundry room. stan
  2. stanleon

trap currently there are no S traps or check valves in the line. What I am really searching for is the best way to solve the problem. The problem is having the hot water flowing back into the cold water inlet to the water heater. I do have a recirculating pump which is connected to the cold...
  3. stanleon

thanks for the input SJ. I do understand S trap and convection and would rather do that then the check valve. However, I turned off the pump for several hours to see what would happen; the toilet tank water no longer got hot (it also took an awfully long time to get hot water on the far side of...
  4. stanleon

re check valve Thanks for the response, but I'm not sure what "closed at rest" means. Is "at rest" when your holding it, before installation, in a position where gravity causes the flapper to be closed. That would mean horizontally for the ones I've seen. I apologize if I'm making this more...
  5. stanleon

I finally got serious about finding out why the tank water, in the toilet closest to the water heater always ended up hot! I have a hot water recirculating pump with the 1/2 inch output teed into the cold water input to the water heater. Whoever installed this either thought that the returning...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks