Search results

1. Alectrician

What's the deal with my toilet?

I should know this but.......my toilet doesn't flush properly but I am convinced it's not blocked. I can dump 1/2 gallon of water directly into the bowl and it dumps perfectly but when I flush it normally it just kind of swirls around and won't completely empty the bowl. The flapper is...
  2. Alectrician

Leak under slab???

What kind of equipment do prfessionals use to detect under slab leaks? Is it a listening device of some sort? I have a good sized under slab hot water leak under in a rental condo of mine. The noise is very apparent in the back to back bathroom walls. It is as loud as say, when the toilet...
  3. Alectrician

How do you get ABS glue off your hands?

Even more importantly, how do you get ABS glue out of your hair? I had to replace some old cast iron (bathtub ptrap and associated uphill pipe) under a slab and was gluing pipe in an awkward position. When I got home I found a big glop of hardened glue right on top/front of my head...
  4. Alectrician

Cold weather plumbing....longest thread ever

I was born and raised in the desert. This is winter in Phoenix. I have a cabin in the mountains that gets about a foot of snow, a couple times a year. I generally use the cabin to escape the brutal Phoenix summers but I do like to play in the snow when it happens. I know nothing...
  5. Alectrician

To avoid any fruther confusion....

The artist formerly known as Alectrician is now 220/221 :cool:
  6. Alectrician

Ever seen a toilet flush TWICE?

Recently my toilet has been flushing twice. I installed this tooilet about 4 years ago and I am sure this is a new thing. I push the handle and it flushes normally, pretty quickly....then the bowl fills and in about 3 or 4 seconds it empties again. I barely understand how toilets flush...
  7. Alectrician

T&P line height ?

I always thought the T&P pipe had to terminate within 6" of grade. I just got tagged for being @ 4" above grade. Is the 6" a max?
  8. Alectrician

How many vents can I tie together?

My cabinn plumbing wall has 4 vents. Toilet (2"), shower/tub (2"), lav (2") and washer (2"). (If it matters, the toilet will be run seperately from the gray water with diverter valves by the septic tank.) Can I tie all these together above the ceiling and penetrate the roof only once?
  9. Alectrician

Shower head leaking when filling tub???

OK...What the heck??? I tested it before drywall and didn't have an issue. Maybe I didn't test it enough...I don't know. 1. New shower/tub handset with diverter built into tub spout. 2."Rain" style shower head installed in ceiling. When I am filling the tub, the shower head leaks/dribles...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks