Search results

1. DIYMike

Taco Ciruclation pump is whining

Model: 006 BC4 PNP 3 years old, already installed. Was whining. I thought it was the replacable cartridge/impeller and replaced it. It wasn't. Still whining. Seems to be moving water, but just whines. 1) Is this common? Is it due to having the unit on a timer? 2) I assume it's in the...
  2. DIYMike

Toilet installation - flange extension

Shoulda, coulda, woulda: Replaced the flange when I had easy access to the floor, raising the height to accommodate future 1 7/8" of tile/substrate. didn't. oops. Where I am: Tile complete. Net height differential from finished floor to Flange top: 1 3/8". (Easy access to complete...
  3. DIYMike

Gurgling Tub

Just removed and reinstalled a soak tub. I'm using a Watts trip lever drain asssembly (used to have to reach into the tub to pull the plug). Anywho... Now, when draining, it gurgles. I don't remember if it did before. When I put my hand over the drain (to slow down the drain flow) the...
  4. DIYMike

Copper joint won't hold!!!

I'm sweating a Moen tub rough-in valve assembly. here is a link to the assembly: Moen part # 4999 The tube from the each valve to the "T" are heavier gage 1/2 copper. I have a short standard 1/2" copper piece between the "T" and the outflow tube. When welding the T fitting, the solder...
  5. DIYMike

ABS Compression fitting to Brass tub drain

I have a brass tub drain assembly that connects to an ABS compression fitting. There are rubber gaskets on the brass tub compression fittings, but not on the ABS compression fitting (to the brass down tube). The ABS fitting has a core of black ABS, and the threaded ring is translucent...
  6. DIYMike

Cannot unsweat brass/copper fitting

I'm trying to seperate the 1/2"copper tubing from my moen tub filler valve assembly. I was able to remove the copper from the brass "filler" tube, but cannot remove it from the brass "valve" tube. It looks like a sweat connection, it seems hot enough and touching solder to it melts instantly...
  7. DIYMike

Can I reuse my tub filler?

I have remodeled our master bath. The tub fill was in fine working condition. I want to change the layout of the knobs and spout. It is constructed with 1/2 copper sweated into the brass fittings. My question is this - can I "De-sweat" the fittings so I can move things around? If so - once...
  8. DIYMike

Tricks to locate loose suppy line

I have a front load washer that uses very little water, but turns turns the water on/off many, many times during a cycle. There is a hot water hammer somewhere in the walls. While remodling the master bath shower, I found that there were no hammer arresters installed... which leads me to...
  9. DIYMike

Shower valve assembly - up vs. down

I just purchased a new Delta shower/tub kit for my shower. There is no tub, so I planned to cap off the tub side, typically the bottom. It appears as though the tub side has two ~1/4 holes for the water to flow, yet the shower side (top) has only one. My assumption is that this is intended...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks