Search results

1. A

Wiring for a 1HP Irrigation Well/Pump

Yes, safety is important. Everything is grounded and in place. I put the connections near the well in an above-gound water-proof box. The whole system works perfectly.
  2. A

OK, that makes perfect sense to me. I should be good to go now. I'll use THWN or UFB (& conduit) from the pump to the relay, and since the relay and controller will be indoors, Romex from the relay to the panel. It's only about 5 feet to the panel, so I'll probably have enough THWN. Thanks.
  3. A

Got it. I'll definately use rigid pvc then, and the short flex to connect to the motor only. That makes sense, and it's probably the easiest way to do it. I'm familiar with indoor stuff, and I wired an entire basement of outlets by running two circuits. I was at HD today and noticed that UF B...
  4. A

Thanks for all the info. The guy installing the sprinkler system may provide his own relay, but if he doesn't then I'll get the one at Grainger. I'll go to HD or Lowe's and check on the conduit, 12 AWG, and liquid tight flex. It's a very straight line from the panel to the pump, with only 2...
  5. A

I'm having a sprinkler system installed soon, and want to get a head start on wiring the 1 HP pump, which is about 40 feet away from the main panel. I know I need to get a pump-start-relay and an irrigation-controller (probably using Hunter supplies for the whole project). The relay and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks