Search results

1. frodnew

Help Identifying Bath Faucet Brand?

Hi, One of the faucets in my parents condo is missing the cap on the faucet handle. I cannot find a brand name on the faucet anywhere, but the other faucet has the logo seen in this picture on the cap. Can anyone identify the manufacturer so I can try to order a replacement cap...
  2. frodnew

Caulking New Tub Valve and Spout

Just had a plumber install a new shower mixing valve and spout. He recommended caulking around both the spout and the valve. The spout advice seemed pretty obvious. But the valve has the foam seal on the backside of the cover plate. What to the pros do? Is this foam seal adequate? Could...
  3. frodnew

Drywalling around fiberglass shower

I am installing a fiberglass (or acrylic) corner shower in a bath remodel. I understand I will have to fur out the studs to allow the drywall to overlap the shower flange. And from previous threads I gather the drywall should be left approx 1/4" from the shower to prevent moisture from wicking...
  4. frodnew

Rough-in Dimensions for Toto Ultramax

Thanks for the reply Jim. But I cannot tell from the specs if the same offset applies when the supply comes in from the floor. Will it potentially interfere with the base of the toilet? Or will it be so far away from the base or the underside of the tank that it will look goofy. Bruce
  5. frodnew

Rough-in Dimensions for Toto Ultramax

I plan to install a Toto Ultramax against an outside wall so the supply line must come through the floor. The specs do not indicate how far from the wall or the centerline this type of rough-in should be. Anyone been there and done this? Suggestions? Thanks, Bruce
  6. frodnew

New Moen Faucets - Leaking Drain

Thanks The teflon pipe dope worked. Thanks for the help.
  7. frodnew

New Moen Faucets - Leaking Drain

I just installed two new Moen bath faucets. The faucet went in fine and the supply lines were a snap - no leaks. But, both drains leak like sieves. I am confident I followed the instructions that came with the faucets, but there were only pictures - no written instructions. I used...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks