Search results

1. EdPDX

Heat pump safety switch chattering? Any ideas?

Reach4, if I knew what made the chattering sound I wouldn’t have posted a request for help The noise IS coming from the box where the switch is. I looked up the part number- it does not seem to have a relay- I posted the part number for the switch in question. 2. The reading across the two hots...
  2. EdPDX

Heat pump safety switch chattering? Any ideas?

Heat pump (RUUD 10SEER ) fan motor hums, but NO SPIN. A minute or so after the thermostat brings the pump online the 60AMP safety switch that brings the power to the pump starts chattering- no visible movement. All leads show 114 AC. Ground looks good all the way to motor and chassis. I have not...
  3. EdPDX

what logo is this... or what does it mean?

Many thanks Sherlock Smooky :D
  4. EdPDX

what logo is this... or what does it mean?

I have a logo on some hardware I am using for a shower install that got interrupted. Some of the parts are scattered and I'll need to buy replacements; but I don't recognize the logos- I am not a professional. the VALVE is only marked with the CSA stamp. The shower escutcheon is laser...
  5. EdPDX

new install where COLD is HOT

Can't be mixed up or all the HOT supply lines in my house would now be giving COLD water right? ... Unless they have all been wrong from the start! Hmmm anyone else' cold line hotter than the line from the HOT stub on their electric Water heater? Help me out here. I just paid over$600 for a new...
  6. EdPDX

Hansgrohe metro has no pressure on HOT side

I have a Kitchen Prep Type Hansgrohe faucet (metro e). The pressure on the HOT side is next to nothing. There was good pressure when it went in a couple of years ago. I just disconnected the faucet from sink; but left all stainless lines connected to their water supply. I pulled the cartridge...
  7. EdPDX

new install where COLD is HOT

Just put in a new electric water heater. The electric heater is the one rated by Consumer something as a BEST buy. Its the GE. I installed it in place of a leaky unknown brand. The COLD line was on the same side so I just lined them up and hooked them up the same. When I check the temp by...
  8. EdPDX

Not good... not good.

dO you think the galvanized nipple will have corroded the cast T too much to replace the nipple with PVC? Ed
  9. EdPDX

Not good... not good.

Hi gang, I thought my washing machine drain was overflowing the minute I'd leave it unattended. I was getting water seeping out of the baseboard in the laundry room and the adjoining basement bathroom. I soon realized that the leak was between the wall. This morning I opened the wall behind the...
  10. EdPDX

Galvanized to Copper

I am getting ready to rough in a shower (existing/remodel). The old shower/bath valve was all steel (galv?). It is being replaced with a moen which I am sure is all brass. The supply lines come up from the floor below and are galv. with galv. 90 degree elbows that run toward each other to feed...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks