Search results

1. TonyKarns

old shower drain in basement

Shower drain It seems to me you already have a p trap under the concrete if it already had a shower in place at one time. There are bushings that convert from a 4 inch cast iron to a 2" pvc. The bushing is tapped into place with a rubber mallet directly into the 4" pipe and the 2"pvc for the...
  2. TonyKarns

Waterproofing shower wall above existing tile

Paint When I remodel a tiled area around a tub and the customer has wall area above it, this is what I always do is; 1. Remove all the old caulk around the edge of the bullnose. 2. Use a good stain block, mold inhibitor primer over the existing paint. 3. Paint the walls with a...
  3. TonyKarns

Newbie from Utah needs some advice with 4" recessed lighting

low voltage But are they low voltage or line voltage?????? I see only low voltage non insulation contact on the halo site.
  4. TonyKarns

Newbie from Utah needs some advice with 4" recessed lighting

3" air space Keep in mind that any TC 4 inch light needs a 3" clearance around the can for heat to vent. They dont make a 4 inch IC (inner cooled) can that I am aware of. As far as using screws to hold the can in place it is allowed here in Wisconsin as long as the screws are going into wood...
  5. TonyKarns

Will a Toto Drake handle....

Hey Cass How do the Caroma toilets compare in cost to Toto? Are they about the same? I went to their web site but saw no suggested retail prices? These toilets do sound very impressive.
  6. TonyKarns

Roofing

forgot to mention As pointed out you do need a certified person to handle the removal of the tiles. And yes, if the company is certified here in wisconsin they do hose the shingles, place them in bags and drop them in a dumpster. To do the work a person needs only a 16 hour course and $50.00...
  7. TonyKarns

Roofing

Removal If the tiles do have asbestos in them the proper way to get rid of them is to have one person use a hose and keep the tiles wet during removal. A long lugger for garbage disposal placed next to the building is used to drop the tiles into. Also the use of particle masks are required...
  8. TonyKarns

Super Bowl, who is your favorite to win? 2008

Go Pack Go Chargers dont stand a chance!!!!! It's going to be the Packers and the Patriots in the super bohttp
  9. TonyKarns

Insured Plumbers Vs Jacklegs

point of arbitration before the lawsuit The umbrella policy does not kick in until you have exhausted all of your other insurance. Even if you buy the top-of-the-line personal liability umbrella policy, you can't protect yourself against every possible claim or lawsuit. There will be...
  10. TonyKarns

I was referring to business liability insurance not auto insurance.
  11. TonyKarns

Thats what the arbitration is for Thats exactly what the arbitration process prevents. If you lose in arbitration then your insurance kicks in. But having arbitration in the contract prior to using your insurance usually prevents the nuts from trying to get money from you in the first...
  12. TonyKarns

consider this Business owners should pay attention to customer service and financial disputes, adding arbitration or mediation clauses in contracts to resolve disputes before they ever become lawsuits.
  13. TonyKarns

Super Bowl, who is your favorite to win? 2008

Green Bay all the way! I hate to say this but only people from Texas consider the cowboys america's team. The Patriots are lucky they are not disqualified from the play offs when they got caught cheating. The real American team is the Green Bay Packers. Steeped in tradition, owned by the...
  14. TonyKarns

Internet Forum Addiction, Anonymous

Intervention Last month my brothers, uncles, aunts, daughters, sons, grandparents, neighbors, my parish priest and my ex-wife all showed up at my house with a camera crew from the show intervention. As they all sat in my living room surrounding me in a circle they began to express their...
  15. TonyKarns

Right angled pipe wrench

love to see a pic I would love to see a pic of the sink when your done cutting off a faucet with a sawsall! As a matter of fact a video would be even better.
  16. TonyKarns

bid sheet

Not all states require Not all states require a contractors license. Sounds like maybe someone from the 60's that is still on a paranoid trip.
  17. TonyKarns

Clorox® Toilet Bowl Cleaner with TEFLON

Dont know if this means anything but--- Teflon was invented in the 1930s by DuPont, the US firm which uses it today to make non-stick cookware, and also markets it as a coating for clothes and carpets. The company recently agreed to an out-of-court settlement to a class action lawsuit...
  18. TonyKarns

Kitchen Sink Comparisons

Swanstone After installing my first Swanstone sink last month, I will stand by the way it looks, the ease in which it cleans and the light weight made it a breeze to install. The nice thing about the Swanstone is that when you scrub it it looks new again. Cant say that about stainless steel...
  19. TonyKarns

sewer back-up alarm

Allen Engineering Such a system can be purchased from Allen Engineering in Milwaukee WI. Ask for Gary. 414-353-5070. He services one that one of my clients has in Milwaukee. Just tell him Tony from Tony's Professional Remodeling asked you to call.
  20. TonyKarns

Bathtub Clogged, Can't get cover plate off (no screws)

Snake the drain If the overflow plate does not have a lever on it, just remove the plate and run your snake through the overflow opening. If it does have a lever on it, remove the plate and pull out the linkage with the drain stopper plug attatched to the end of it and snake the drain. Dont...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks