Search results

1. diymom

New tub p-trap, drain, vent size

Our handyman suggested we raise the floor about 6" where the new tub and shower will be so that the vertical drain pipe and be accessed to drain/vent the new tub - it works! My question is whether a 1 1/2" drain will be OK, even the though it will not conform to code because the distance is 4'...
  2. diymom

Thank you so much for your help - I'm sorry I can't seem to explain the problem - there is no free pipe length on the vertical part of the drain/vent (which is in the wall space) that lies at the level of the "crawl space" of the bathroom floor to attach new tub drain. I think you call this...
  3. diymom

Ideally I could run a 2" for the distance of five feet to the existing drain and vent, but I can't access more area of the main drain/vent for connection because I would have to access it at a point in the wall that is lower than the ceiling of the kitchen below - the slope of the new tub drain...
  4. diymom

Thanks for your input. Our code (CA) is the same as yours re: p-trap to vent distance. Would a 3" p-trap and drain be out of the question? I wish there were some way for me to better describe the situation . . . the master-bathroom being remodeled is on the 2nd floor, and the existing main...
  5. diymom

Hi - this is my first posting. We are installing a bathtub in our remodeled bathroom that previously had no tub, just a shower stall. We are keeping a separate walk-in shower and adding the bathtub adjacent to it. There is no room to connect the new tub drain line to the the main drain line...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks