Search results

1. L

Vandalized & Beaten AC Compressor - Has anyone seen this before?

Icing Thanks! I had it upright for about 5 days before the tech came to look at it and we started it up. It is 39 out now and it is icing up a little on the bottom two rows of fins.
  2. L

Update! So we had a tech come look at the system 3 weeks ago. I had turned the unit upright and unbent some of the side panels. I didn't turn on the system though. When the tech came he turned the system to heat and tested the pressure and things looked good. However we have had the system...
  3. L

We live in a 5 unit condo. Each unit has a separate HVAC system and the compressors for 3 of the units are out back in an alley. Last week someone tipped over all 3 units onto their sides and it looks like they beat them with a bat or jumped on them. No copper was stolen and it doesn't look like...
  4. L

Broken Heat Pump Liquid Return Line, Repair or Replace Heat Pump

Shutoff switch Thanks for replying Jim! Is there some sort of cut-off switch that would be triggered to protect the compressor? The return line was completely severed so there would be no pressure on that line. I am going to call the American Standard dealer too, I want to make sure we...
  5. L

Broken Heat Pump Liquid Return Line, Repair or Replace Heat Pump

Hi, I am a new condo owner looking for some advice. There is a little bit of a back story. We just moved into a condo in Washington DC. It has a 2 ton American Standard heat pump system that was installed in 2002 and has a 10 year extended American Standard parts and labor warranty. The heat...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks