Search results

1. S

GAS stubs everywhere!!

I opened up the wall, and the pipes drop down from the attic,which i mistakingly called a crawl space! with only 12"-18" or so between top of ceiling joists and bottom of roof rafters at the highest point I'm not sure i could even crawl up there. I certainly won't touch gas pipe myself, I'm...
  2. S

GAS stubs everywhere!!

okay WHOA! OK Fortunately the gas is off at the moment, it's scheduled to turn on Monday and they said they have to test the system pressure. I'll open up the wall today, maybe the gas is coming from above! I suppose then i could cap it off up in the crawl space?
  3. S

GAS stubs everywhere!!

Hi all I really want to pull down a small section of non bearing wall in my house to open up the kitchen. On one side of the wall is capped off gas stub, it protrudes about 2" including cap. There's one in every room of the house, i'm guessing for old heaters that have been replaced...
  4. S

Flush-cutting a 4x4

I've done this by bending the blade twice to offset it, with a 45 degree bend near the middle of the blade and then another 45 degree to straigten back up. like this _____/""""""""" i used a plumbers torch and a vice to put the bends in try to use as...
  5. S

New bathroom in Game room with no PLumbing

Yeah thanks guys, sometimes a creative solution, is still a bad idea! I think I'm just gonna bite the bullet and go through the slab keeping the shower and toilet near outside walls so i don't have to do much tunneling. I don't know about getting through the slab - inside the walls - for the...
  6. S

Thanks thanks, so i can use those to drain the shower to the side, sweet so questions about the next step, i'm going to have to connect to the sewer. how much do i have to slope the pipe (1/4" every foot?) and how deep must it be buried? also from the game room there's no straight shot to...
  7. S

HI everyone, :D My first post here, Firstly Huge respect to pro plumbers. I've fully or partly remodeled about ten bathrooms and I do less and less of the actual plumbing each time! this helps reduce screaming. I'm moving from CA to Austin TX where i can actually afford my own home. The...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks