Search results

1. JOE1934

Need C wire for new Honeywell RTH8580WF

I have Base board hot water system.It has 5 thermostats with 5 zones. It operates with Taco SR504switching relay plus SR503 expansion relay. I can not use the power from the taco units and would like to use a external 24v source. I have tried and even spoke to Taco but for some reason I do not...
  2. JOE1934

Looking for 2 stage honeywell thermostat

I have radiant floor heat (domestic H/W) and hot water baseboard(boiler).I'm looking for a Honeywell thermostat that would work the two heat stages (1st stage would be radiant heat,2 stage the BB H/W) .Any suggestion.The thermostat can have air condition setting but will not use it(no central air)
  3. JOE1934

Air Eliminator

I'm installing a Weil-McLAIN CGA-3,IT has--- cast iron sections with built-in Air Separator.Should I still install an Air Eliminator or is the Air separator all I need (I believe they are the same things).
  4. JOE1934

Pex-copper rings -stainless steel clamp

Which would be more durable in the long run, copper or stainless steel clamp.Can you use these clamps on different tubing.EX-Wirsbo has own connecting system,special tools(really expensive for DIY),could you use these other clamps on that tubing.Any Ideas for dependable crimping tools.
  5. JOE1934

Pex or copper for return

Securing in S/F base board I am wondering about securing it in the base board. If I use PEX will the expansion (PEX suppose to expand when hot), be to much inside the S/F BB
  6. JOE1934

Pex or copper for return

Which would be better, PEX or copper in the return of the slant-fin Base Board . I'm concerned about securing the PEX inside the S/F BB.Where or how do you secure it inside the BB.
  7. JOE1934

temp of hot water in Base Board HW

Yes I agree with a mixing valve,you make a very good point.My problem is that if I put BBHW on a wall I have to fill the whole wall (length-boss says so,won't look right-HA HA). The cost of dummy slant-fin and heat ones isn't that much different.So the question is will the S/F work if I bring...
  8. JOE1934

Pex and insulation

If you use Pex for Base board hot water do you have to insulate it.
  9. JOE1934

temp of hot water in Base Board HW

I'm installing BBHW (slant-fin 30).I will have to connect low temp radiate floor heat to system to a new boiler.Could I have temp set at 150 degrees,yes I know I would have to have more feet of slant-fin. I was wondering if I use 150 instead of 180 the return should be around 130 or so.This temp...
  10. JOE1934

How to pick right size taco pump

I'm going to have 3 separate pumps for 3 zones,BB hot water,gas. Do you establish a flow rate for each zone (f=Q/500 X 20) (http://www.taco-hvac.com/uploads/FileLibrary/SelectingCirculators.pdf). The f that you get,you are suppose to go to the chart and tells you the size of pipe. Is this pipe...
  11. JOE1934

What size boiler

I would be using Gas as the fuel.I have thought of using a domestic water heater but the temp output is way to low.I need temp of around 180 not 130-140.Any ideas of a water heater that has a high temp output.
  12. JOE1934

What size boiler

I did 2 heat loss cal's and came up with 17,000 (tenant),38,000 (main apt).What size hot water boilers would be best size.Want conventional,cast iron will use with BB hot water heat. Where can I get a small boiler for the 17,000.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks