Search results

1. KSHandyMan

Simulated dripping coming from black ABS?

The irony here is that the drain stack that is causing the issue was put in by a professional plumber when the house was built. So, I guess you could say that, just like handymen, there are good and bad.
  2. KSHandyMan

I realize it's probaly because of the heat but only by experimenting did I come to that conclusion. It really sounds like water droplets hitting drywall but after having the water running off and on all day and not seeing any sign of moisture I suppose I'm comfortable with just chalking it up...
  3. KSHandyMan

The weird thing is, I really only hear the sound when the hot water is running to the shower. When I run only cold water through the drain, I can't hear the sound. I've run at least 100 gallons of water through the drain and I can't find a trace of any leaks. I guess I'll leave it alone for a...
  4. KSHandyMan

I guess my question was answered by the other post regarding ABS and movement due to temp. changes.....
  5. KSHandyMan

Is it possible for black ABS drain pipe to give off subtle popping sounds as it expands and contracts? I just started using a new bathroom I renovated and it sounds like water is dripping on the ceiling and/or wall below the shower upstairs but I have let the shower run for an hour straight and...
  6. KSHandyMan

Silicone caulk leeching through granite countertop

I got under the countertop and applied a poultice to the underside. I'm hoping for a miracle.
  7. KSHandyMan

The slab is actually 2 mm thick and it came from Home Depot. It was a standard 49" long beige granite slab with undermount bowl which they had on sale for $200. It comes from China if that makes any difference. I called a granite place and they said that you have to use 100% silicone...
  8. KSHandyMan

Yesterday, I picked up a granite counter top for our bathroom. The directions said to install it with "caulking adhesive" so I used the usual DAP clear acrylic latex caulk with silicone. Everything went fine but this morning I noticed that the caulk has leeched through the granite and you can...
  9. KSHandyMan

1/8" toilet drain slope issue with picture

Last night a bought some galvanized strapping and used it to correct the slope of the pipe. I reconnected the toilet and did some tests using big gobs of toilet paper and it all went down so I guess I'm good to do. I don't think it's exactly 1/4" in each part of the pipe but it's better than...
  10. KSHandyMan

From one shower head to two.

I'm running up against this issue right now and I have called at least 4 professional plumbers and, after explaining how I wanted two shower heads and outling my concern about pressure, each one said, "Well, it SHOULD work." That wasn't really the kind of confirmation I was looking for but I'm...
  11. KSHandyMan

Problem with Moen 3330 Valve

According to the Moen site, this valve is not recommended for use with a tub spout. See the attached link. I am planning to install one of these here shortly but it will be for two shower heads...
  12. KSHandyMan

1/8" toilet drain slope issue with picture

I have run a few searches on the site and think I know the answer but no existing response really puts my mind at ease. I moved my toilet 3" toilet drain over about 3 feet from it's existing location. The problem is that the slope is only about 1/8" inch at best from where it couples into the...
  13. KSHandyMan

Shower tub tiling flange and bowing backerboard

That's not a bad idea. I've worked with the slight bowing that overlapping the flange has created in the past but this time I was trying to avoid that. I might be able to use a chisel and just take off about 1/8"-1/4" off the stud so the backerboard will lay flat across the flange. Thanks for...
  14. KSHandyMan

Shower tub tiling flange and bowing backerboard

Does anyone else constantly run into the issue of having the wall hung concrete backerboard bow inward where it overlaps the tiling flange on shower pans or tubs? Granted it's not much but it is sometimes noticeable. I'm doing my shower now and I'm thinking I may shim the wall to bring it...
  15. KSHandyMan

Installing PEX in attic ( non heated space )

This attic line going to the second shower head comes directly from the shower hub so when the shower valve is off, there is no water pressure in the line. But, there is no bath valve below so there is a chance that while most of the water would drain out of the line, there may be a little...
  16. KSHandyMan

Did you drill holes in the joist or did you just run it over the tops of the joists and then put some insulation over the top of it?
  17. KSHandyMan

A plumber I called said that in order to provide water to a second shower head in a shower I'm installing I could run a piece of 1/2" PEX above the shower through the attic. He said that since shower heads always drain and there is no standing water in the line it would be OK even in a...
  18. KSHandyMan

Is 1/2" PEX supply big enough for dual shower head?

I figured that at least the manufacturer would be able to tell me because they had done tests or something during development. I have to think that somebody out there knows what they are talking about. If it ain't the manufacturer, who might it be?
  19. KSHandyMan

Is 1/2" PEX supply big enough for dual shower head?

I am planning to pick up one of those Moen 3 way diverter units but my biggest concern is having the pressure drop off in the dual headed shower when my wife turns on the second shower head. I have read on this forum how PEX internal diameter is smaller than copper but I called Moen and...
  20. KSHandyMan

DWV Line Testing Device - Can I make one?

What's risk of not doing the pressure test? I can run a garden hose into the line let it run for 10 minutes. But, that won't really test the vent lines to the ceiling that I also changed. I'm not too concerened about leaks as I took my time and really coated the ABS pipes with cement but...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks