Search results

1. Lee Polowczuk

Moen Kingsley Rough in valve

I am going to get the Moen Kingsley shower system that will have four body sprays in addition to the shower head. Any preferences on a valve that you sweat copper or a valve that has screw in connections. Once I get past the rough in valve, I will use pex and shark bites. I have had...
  2. Lee Polowczuk

10" rough in are hard to come by

last year i special ordered a Cadet 3 chair height elongated bowl 10 inch rough in ..... great toilet..
  3. Lee Polowczuk

new flooring raises height-- new toilet flange

I have elected to use a ring extender.. the kit comes with two gaskets..i will use on gasket on the underside mating it to the existing ring. I will then use some tapcons to tie the two together... then of course the wax ring
  4. Lee Polowczuk

concrete slab I will have to measure: i think a half inch to 5/8" probably a half...or about the height of a standard tile
  5. Lee Polowczuk

I am putting a new hardwood floor in my bathroom... i had to put down 5/8" underlayment and then 5/8" hardwood... so now I am 1 1/8 inches higher.. that's not quite true... i removed a tile floor... is there a recommendation to make the toilet fit... the old flange appears ok...but the...
  6. Lee Polowczuk

wood windows-- alum vs vinyl exterior

I am looking at replacing some double hung windows I know I want wood interiors..but I am debating over the exterior cladding vinyl or aluminum? I live in Greenville, South Carolina.
  7. Lee Polowczuk

Cost for gas stove/hook up?

About 8 years ago, i wanted to update the stove to gas.... a few years before that i had run a line to a gas dryer. Can't remember that price...not much.. Anyway that pipe ran right under the stove area. I call a plumber... he comes out..opens up this big thick book after looking in the...
  8. Lee Polowczuk

1/2 bath sink and toilet question

plumbers did this in my house when they replumbed from galvanized to copper. it is that way in my two bathrooms.. they ran the copper from the basement to the floor...put in the shutoff valve. I attached braided stainless from the shutoff valve to the pedestal sink. The toilets are this...
  9. Lee Polowczuk

3" copper closet flange

I know they have them in brass....i have one sitting in the workshop.. seems like copper would be too soft for a flange
  10. Lee Polowczuk

HW Heater Pressure Relief Valve- relieving

thanks.. i will heed all of the advice. the folks on this board have gotten me through some major and minor issues.. ...all with flying colors....
  11. Lee Polowczuk

nothing has changed lately... yes, I am talking about a pressure relief valve. I think when i was in the suburbs we were required to get a pressure reducing valve is we had a lawn sprinkler system installed I don't think this house has a pressure reducing valve... unless it is at the...
  12. Lee Polowczuk

the prv is functioning.. I can pull the handle up..and water will come out of the copper tube....
  13. Lee Polowczuk

There is no expansion tank. I don't think i have ever owned a house with a WH expansion tank. The tag says 100xl extension 4 on the PRV... looks like it just screws in.
  14. Lee Polowczuk

I have a gas hot water heater in my basement. I have been in the house for two years. The hot water heater is probably 5-7 years old. In the past three months or so, the pressure relief valve has released water 4 times. Recently, I turned the temperature down a bit, but it just...
  15. Lee Polowczuk

whirlpool tub motor grounding

thanks.. i will work on it this weekend. EDIT: Thanks, I took care of this..... had to run a #8 copper from my heater to my motor..and then another copper from my motor to the copper cold water pipe in the basement. This was per instructions for the heater.....
  16. Lee Polowczuk

whirlpool tub motor grounding

in my haste, i neglected to hook up a separate grounding wire after I installed a whirlpool tub in my bathroom the motor and heater are on separate circuits and each is hooked up to a GFCI circuit breaker at the box Are we in any imminent danger not having the ground wire hooked up from...
  17. Lee Polowczuk

How do I enlarge an existing hole through concrete block?

you could rent a core bit and hammer drill from home depot... cost you about 16 dollars for four hours... it will take two minutes to do it. however for that...i would drill smaller holes in a circle, then chip away... i used the core driller to drill a new hole for a toilet.... was neat...
  18. Lee Polowczuk

light switch question

thanks.... i'll go with your advice.... If I haven't stated it before... electricity scares me a bit, because I still don't understand it...but I am learning
  19. Lee Polowczuk

light switch question

Not too long ago, I used you folks for a question on providing power to a light switch/fan, etc. That is all worked out. Previously this switch was on the outside of an enclosed shower. Now I have blown out the shower and putting in a tub/shower combo with a shower curtain. Should I...
  20. Lee Polowczuk

Cost to have gas line ran to stove?

i once had this done... listen to this.... i called the plumber.... and he started dragging out this very thick book.. looked at my project... started doing all this estimating stuff.... came up to 1300. i said thanks... somehow i got taken for 35 dollars for the estimate. called the gas...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks