Search results

1. Boo

Shut off valve for wall-mounted faucet?

Just wanted to confirm that a shut-off valve is required when installing wall-mounted bathroom sink faucet. I'm quite sure it's "yes," for obvious reasons (working on plumbing without having to shut off water main), but why aren't they required for pot-fillers over the stovetop - or are they...
  2. Boo

Reverse connections @ GFCI receptacle

I am having problems with one of the two 20-amp small appliance circuits in my kitchen. This one includes four 20-amp GFCI receptacles located above the countertop, one receptacle for the ignition on the gas cooktop and the final is the receptacle for the range hood. These have been working...
  3. Boo

Composite granite kitchen sinks

Hi: Does anyone have experience with composite granite sinks - specifically durability and stain-resistance? I have my eye on one made by Moen that looks great and supposedly has a good warranty, but have been told by someone at our local Home Expo that he's heard of two occasions when these...
  4. Boo

Island sink air gap - part II

Thanks to those of you who responded to my last query re: how can I get away with eliminating an air gap on my island since there will be a dishwasher right next to the sink. I discovered that code in my area requires an air gap, so I guess I'm stuck with the ugly thing sticking out from my...
  5. Boo

Insulation next to hot water copper pipe

Just had water heater moved to our garage when our new copper pipes were installed, so we now have pipes running in the wall between the garage and kitchen where there were previously none. During the repiping process, we found water damaged drywall/insulation due to a latent leak in the roof...
  6. Boo

Air gap location on island sink

We're relocating our kitchen sink and dishwasher to an island and would like to know if there is any alternatives to the unsightly air gap sticking up through the counter. The sink is undermount and I purposely chose a very sleek faucet to minimize the number of holes needed in the granite...
  7. Boo

Oven/Microwave installed on same wall as service panel

Here's new one - sparked (no pun intended!) by a recent recall notice we received from the manufacturer of our new built-in oven (which we haven't even installed yet!). We are replacing our old electric range with a new gas cooktop and separate oven/microwave/warming drawer combo. Had...
  8. Boo

Why are 4" IC remodel housings so hard to find?

I have been searching high and low for 4" IC remodel housings (line voltage, please) but am only finding either non-IC which won't work with my blown insulation in the attic or IC new construction, which won't work 'cause I can't get access unless I want to re-do the drywall in the ceiling. We...
  9. Boo

"Clunking" noise when water first turned on

I saw a similar question posted here back in '04, but it didn't really give advice, so here goes: We recently had our 30+-year-old galvanized pipes replaced with copper and now have great water pressure and good-tasting water - what a diff! This was about 4 months ago and we didn't have any...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks