Search results

1. herbolaryo

Problem Installing Toto Aquia on Closet Flange on Floor

The clearance between the wall and the center of the toilet flange is 11 inches. The instruction on the Toto Aquia Manual says it should be 12 inches. Is there a way to move the toilet Flange 1 inch away from the wall?:confused: Complete Instructions for the Aquia written by Jamie
  2. herbolaryo

Pros & Cons of Wax Free Gasket versus Wax Gasket on Toilet Installation

What are the Pros and COns of Using the Wax Free Gasket versus the ordinary Wax Gasket on Toilet? Are there situation where you can't use Wax Free gasket? Sometimes the Better Than Wax is not the right sizing.
  3. herbolaryo

Are there devices where you can set a temp for shower

I have seen hot water recirculator and external plug in devices which makes shower water hot. Is there a device where you can set the absolute temperature for the shower and/or faucet? Let us say you want the water set at 28 centigrade...then at that point NO water will come out until it...
  4. herbolaryo

Is there a Disadvantage to Underfloor Heating?

I have seen underfloor heating ---electric and those with water pipes... 1. Is there a disadvantage to underfloor heating?:confused: 2. Since it will be placed underneath ceramic tiles or hardwood which is permanent, will future repair be a problem?:confused: 3. Since there is heat, will...
  5. herbolaryo

What is the Best Sound Isolation underlayment for ceramic tiles?

There are several sound isolation underlayment available for ceramic tile flooring. One of them is this... http://www.laticrete.com/Homeowners/Products/Underlayments/tabid/218/Default.aspx It is important to have noise reduction especially for second floor installation. I understand...
  6. herbolaryo

Confusion on Caroma Caravelle One Piece

On the Website of California Urban Water Conservation, there is a list of qualifying High Efficiency Toilets (HET). https://www.map-testing.com/ There are two Caroma One Piece (Model#989646) with a performance rating of 500; the other one is Caroma One Piece Easy Height EL ADA (Model#989670)...
  7. herbolaryo

Which is better ?Wax Toilet Rings vs Wax-free Toilet Rings

I have seen the wax toilet rings and the wax-free toilet rings in the hardware store. 1. What are the pros & cons of wax-free vs wax toilet rings?:confused: 2. Which one is easier to install?:confused: 3. Which one last longer?:confused: 4. Which one does not leak easily?:confused:
  8. herbolaryo

Does Toto Aquia soft close seats wobble? SS114 vs SS204

Both SS114 and SS204 are soft closed seat. 1. What is the difference between the two? :confused: 2. Which one is better?:confused: 3. I heard some toto seats wobble... Which one wobble?:confused: 4. Are they easy to clean? :confused: (Some brands have seats which can be easily removed for...
  9. herbolaryo

Plumbing & Subfloor Preparation

We are planning to replace the linoleum of the bathroom with porcelain tiles. You can always here the flushing noise and music/tv on the 2nd floor bathroom when your downstairs. With regards to the subfloor preparation... Which has a better sound isolation property? A. Thick cement board and...
  10. herbolaryo

Are ther alternative to Wooden Post on Deck Foundation

The Deck "wood" post that is nailed on the cement foundation is rotten. I understand there are synthetic deck materials made of some kind of plastic for the deck flooring. Sometimes its hard to keep up with waterproofing and is costly. Are there similar materials for the deck "wood"...
  11. herbolaryo

How to check for leaks in Automatic Sprinkler system

The water bill is high. Had all the toilets and faucets checked and fixed. But still the water bill is high. We have an automatic sprinkler system. And there was a construction done before around the house which might possibly hit the sprinkler system. Since the yard is divided into several...
  12. herbolaryo

Are All Pressure Assist Toilet Noisy?

I am trying to find a toilet that is to be used for the second floor. However underneath the 2nd floor bathroom is the guest room. One criteria is an efficient toilet which makes pressure assist a top choice. However, I heard that it is noisy... Are All Pressure Assist Toilet Noisy?:confused...
  13. herbolaryo

Is there a Dual Flush One-piece toilet?

ANATOMY of the IDEAL TOILET We are on the process of remodelling the bathroom. The house is suited where nature and animal is just around your house. So the idea of a Nature-friendly house is also in mind. So when it comes to toilet... an ideal toilet should be: 1. Dual Flush -so its a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks