Search results

1. J

Another smelly bathroom.

Sorry for the double post, I should have put this here first instead of the general one ... I know there are already quite a few posts on odors in the bathroom but I've got another one of those cases. I have a full bath and half bath (addition) that are adjacent to each other. We remodeled...
  2. J

Yet another smelly bathroom

clarification Thanks Gary, the trap thing makes sense to me. But wouldn't it smell in the full bath (the one thats exposed -- although I should mention I do have a rag in that one) instead of the half bath?
  3. J

Yet another smelly bathroom

I know there are already quite a few posts on odors in the bathroom but I've got another one of those cases. I have a full bath and half bath (addition) that are adjacent to each other. We remodeled the half bath (month or two ago): took out carpet, refinished hardwoods, put in new sink...
  4. J

Brass tailpipe stuck - plase help

update just thought i'd post a long overdue update since sometimes reading these I like to know the outcome. I was able to saw off the old tailpipe flush with the top of the nipple. Then I put on an ABS coupling and trap adapter. Installed a new PVC drain assembly on the tub and...
  5. J

clarification just so im sure, do you mean get one of those couplings and a tailpiece extension. Put the coupling on the existing tailpiece (thats in the galvanized nipple) and the extension and then insert the extension into the drain assembly? if so, whats the best material for the...
  6. J

Well the tailpiece was stuck from above too. If it has to come to flames I'll be calling a plumber. Maybe it's just easier for them to cut the pipes back before the vent and trap, put in a union and redo the trap and all. Its not that big of a section. No idea what it'll cost me but you gotta...
  7. J

Seemed like when I put in the new bathtub the existing drain would work fine (same size as the old tub) but now I realize that the tailpipe is just a couple cm too short. So I was trying to remove the brass tailpipe, which is inserted into a galvanized nipple which attaches to the trap. I...
  8. J

Shower/tile backer board on old plaster - NEED ADVICE

Thanks again for all the suggestions. I've spent quite a bit of time looking at both products. Kerdi seems a lot easier for me to get my hands on and I think I'm going to give it a go.
  9. J

another thought Ok I had a thought, maybe Im crazy. What if I scrape off all the plaster under the window and square it up. Then I install 1/2" cement board on that part so it's flush with the plaster on the other sections. Then I thinset the Wedi onto of everything (plaster sections and the...
  10. J

well it certainly sounds like the way to go. $50-$100 is worth the time I would spend doing the other stuff. I'm working on the plaster today and its a beast. I was considering clearing off 'strips' and then putting in furring strips. Then I could put up the backerup (glueing to the plaster...
  11. J

I live in the Pacific Northwest (Oregon) so things are often damp and cinderblock is not a typical construction around here. Its got stucco siding, also not typical but the house was built pretty sound from what we can tell. We plan on installing a new tub and then we want to tile the...
  12. J

We're been remodeling a 1940's house we bought that is CINDER BLOCK construction. We're handy but novices. The bathroom is our current project. We removed all the old tile (some of it was soft) and some of the old plaster just fell of the like dust. The rest (what is not under the window) is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks