Search results

1. Greg Mueller

Converting to solar power?

I have a well that is 600' deep. The cistern it fills is another 70' up on top of a hill. I'd like to convert from grid power to solar power. Looking at the bill I got when they installed the well, it uses a Webtrol model "L" 3hp 4" pump. I tried calling Webtrol but they need to know the model...
  2. Greg Mueller

Chlorine injection or drip system?

First let me describe my system...... I have a 600' well. When the float in my 1100 gallon cistern closes the well pump fills the cistern through the upper inlet. Out of the cistern's bottom (outlet) I ran a poly line about 250' to a smaller (300 gallon) holding tank in the basement. The 300...
  3. Greg Mueller

Underground metal well cover/house

I'm trying to find out information about these. They are for extreme temperature areas. They are like a piece of culvert standing on end with a domed top with a hatch in it. They have no bottom. They are about 6' in diameter and probably the same height. The idea is to put your pressure...
  4. Greg Mueller

Explanation of CVG?

I think it's called a CVG valve? It allows constant pressure to the houses water system? Can someone explain how they work? At first I was thinking of the variable speed pump, but when I heard they make a lot of RF "noise" I though I would reconsider. Hope I have the right initials.
  5. Greg Mueller

Best shower/tub valve ?

I'm plumbing my new house and need a recommendation on the valves for the tub and shower. One that will last forever and be easy to repair should it break. I know I won't make a mistake and plumb it backwards as I have already made a mistake this year. :) But should some one sneak in and...
  6. Greg Mueller

Sediment particulate size test?

My mom lives on a well and soon we will too. Her well water has extremely fine sediment that smells like chalk (in the hot water) We have the same problem 20 miles away. I was trying to figure out how to tell the particulate size of the sediment, so I can get a pleated filter just smaller that...
  7. Greg Mueller

Technique for setting bladder pressure?

How do you set the pressure in the bladder in your bladder tank. My pump shuts off at 55 lbs. I recently upped the output pressure of the pump but don't know how to set the bladder pressure. Thanx
  8. Greg Mueller

Two pump situations

I'm building a house in New Mexico and need advice on that house. I am currently living in Washington State and need advice on my current setup. In NM I have a 600' well in the valley below where my house is. The well pump fills an 1100 gallon cistern, 140' above the top of the well. There...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks