Search results

1. Greg Mueller

Converting to solar power?

I have a float switch in the cistern which only turns on the pump at the well when the level in the cistern falls below a certain level. One benefit would be energy independence and should the grid fail, I would still have the ability to fill the cistern. There is only two of us using water so...
  2. Greg Mueller

So I would have to change out the pump to lower the start/run volts? While I was trying to identify the existing pump I talked with a local well company and they quoted $5600 to change out/replace the pump. I can pay for a lot of grid power for that much. Thanks for your response.
  3. Greg Mueller

The well is far enough away that it has it's own meter and that's all that meter does. It works fine the way it is, but I'm just thinking of the future.
  4. Greg Mueller

Yes, I am trying to cut the cord. Thank you. I was trying to avoid a battery, but maybe I can't.
  5. Greg Mueller

I have a well that is 600' deep. The cistern it fills is another 70' up on top of a hill. I'd like to convert from grid power to solar power. Looking at the bill I got when they installed the well, it uses a Webtrol model "L" 3hp 4" pump. I tried calling Webtrol but they need to know the model...
  6. Greg Mueller

Whole house water filters

My Maytage/Homespring unit is still working and doing a very good job. But planning ahead I'm wondering if anyone way up here in 2019 is making a similar unit for the day when this one finally dies (if it ever does). Anyone know?
  7. Greg Mueller

Chlorine injection or drip system?

Anyone know off hand how long chlorine takes to dissipate or evaporate or otherwise go away?
  8. Greg Mueller

I went out yesterday an added a cup of bleach to the cistern and ran the well pump for a bit. Then went in the basement and added 1/3 cup bleach to the 300 gallon tank and stirred it with a paddle a bit. We'll see what happens next. The water in the cistern is clearer than it ever has been...
  9. Greg Mueller

I could run power to the cistern from the house (about 200'), but right now it only has some romex (1000') that runs down to the well. When the float switch closes it completes that circuit to a mag relay which turns on the well pump. Not sure if there's enough amps there to run the injectors...
  10. Greg Mueller

First let me describe my system...... I have a 600' well. When the float in my 1100 gallon cistern closes the well pump fills the cistern through the upper inlet. Out of the cistern's bottom (outlet) I ran a poly line about 250' to a smaller (300 gallon) holding tank in the basement. The 300...
  11. Greg Mueller

The "Tank Pump" sounds like a good idea. I suppose I could dangle it down in the 300 gallon tank downstairs as the fill line from the 1100 gal cistern to the 300 gallon tank is not built for pressure. Can you suggest a brand etc? My current pump runs on 220
  12. Greg Mueller

Resurrection 10 years ago I bought my mom the above mention Maytag 2100. At the same time I bought myself a 3100. I have just now installed mine as the house I have been building (in Datil, NM) is finally ready to move in to. (yes, 10 years) My system..... I have a 600' well in a valley 70'...
  13. Greg Mueller

Underground metal well cover/house

I called the local water well place (Williams Windmills in Lemitar) and it turns out they made those underground vaultish things. Not too much humidity in Datil. 16-18 inches of rain per year (all on the same day) and 15-20% humidity typically (unless it rains)
  14. Greg Mueller

It also is like a metal grain bin with a domed top
  15. Greg Mueller

We've tried a few things. Mostly it is the pressure tank that ices up, but the lines, of course, freeze too. It's not uncommon to see them down there The first time I saw one I thought a UFO had landed
  16. Greg Mueller

I'm trying to find out information about these. They are for extreme temperature areas. They are like a piece of culvert standing on end with a domed top with a hatch in it. They have no bottom. They are about 6' in diameter and probably the same height. The idea is to put your pressure...
  17. Greg Mueller

Boogers in my Kinetico Softener

On mine I found that I had to go beyond 90° with the switch and all the way until it stopped against a stop. At first I thought it might be too far but it wasn't
  18. Greg Mueller

Everything goes in the citric acid
  19. Greg Mueller

When we go away on a trip I always turn off the water system while we are gone. I heard the number one claim on house insurance is from water damage from broken lines in the house while people are gone. I think washer lines, but I'm not sure. When I return and turn the system back on it always...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks